Battery Tray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry6943

I have a 2006 Holiday Rambler, the other day I pulled the battery tray out to check the level of the fluids, whoever owned this unit before us put what appears to be baking soda in the trays to prevent corrosion I guess, I have heard of this working.
Anyway has anyone tried to use the spray0n rubber liner like for P/U Beds??
It claims to be acid resistant and would sure look better than a tray full of white powder.

Baking soda is fine for absorbing acid spills, but not sure it does much if the batteries haven't spilled.

P/U bed liner spray is an excellent coating for battery trays, but you have to prep the surface well so it will stick tight.

I had a battery actually tip over and spill all its electrolyte onto my Line-X coated truck bed. Didn't realize it for several hours, so it had plenty of time to eat in. Only made a slight rust color stain on the light gray liner material, and that faded pretty quickly.

I put bedliner on my tray in 2009 and it is in great shape today when I checked the water in the batteries. 

I also changed the battery caps to "Water Miser" ones, http://www.flowsystemsusa.com/water-miser-vent-cap.html?gclid=CIqJ4MLckLMCFQmCQgodGm0AcA and after 3 years there is no corrosion on anything in  the battery area including the batteries themselves.  About 2X a year I wash it out with plane water to get the dust off.

I highly recommend getting these caps if you are cleaning out the battery area as they really do reduce the corrosion.

No financial interest, just a happy customer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom