Bay of Fundy, Fundy NP trip without camper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

We have decided that we are going to see the Bay of Fundy and the NP in September. We will leave the trailer at the campground for the 4 nights we are gone. We did a day trip to Campabello Island in 2019 so this will be our 1st trip staying overnight in Canada. We have the passport cards up to date, emailed the insurance company about any adds I may need.
Taking the dogs and they are due for rabies shots in July.
Also taking the Ebikes not sure if they will be an issue.
Taking food for several of our meals.
Found a nice Airbnb, first time for this too.
I like to plan ahead so any thing we might of missed or should think about would be helpful
Thanks

Old shoes if you plan to walk on the ocean floor at low tide, it gets a little muddy. Then a plastic bag to put them in when you return.
When we got to Moncton on hwy 1, surfers were riding the tide as it came in the river.
This picture was from June 2014, cold and rainy. There is/was a nice restaurant at the center.

Attachments

• DSC00026.jpg
    DSC00026.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 6
Good tip on the shoes, might need booties for the dogs lol. They might have to go everywhere with us, good thing is they can hike several miles still. Can't wait to see the tides

Attachments

• 20221112_131147.jpg
    20221112_131147.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 2
We have a member who lives in Halifax NS. His forum name is Hfx_Cnd. Hopefully he’s fallowing this post and will be able to help you. You can also send him a PM.

Reactions: SMR
We have decided that we are going to see the Bay of Fundy and the NP in September. We will leave the trailer at the campground for the 4 nights we are gone. We did a day trip to Campabello Island in 2019 so this will be our 1st trip staying overnight in Canada. We have the passport cards up to date, emailed the insurance company about any adds I may need.
Taking the dogs and they are due for rabies shots in July.
Also taking the Ebikes not sure if they will be an issue.
Taking food for several of our meals.
Found a nice Airbnb, first time for this too.
I like to plan ahead so any thing we might of missed or should think about would be helpful
Thanks
We live 3 miles above the Fundy on the Nova Scotia side ( can look out my window and see it ). I found a commercial website with some statements about ebikes Ebike Regulations in New Brunswick. I would think you could find the real rules in legalese on a government site. It seems odd that they expect the motor to disengage when you stop pedaling? I doubt the police would ever stop you to determine if yours did or didn't dis-engage. I have only one thought of caution; The tides are minimal at the mouth of the bay, but up at the head of the bay, they can rise 40 feet. When the tide is out you can walk out miles in some places, however the tide comes back in faster than you can walk and some careless individuals find themselves wet getting back to shore. I hope you have a good trip.

We live 3 miles above the Fundy on the Nova Scotia side ( can look out my window and see it ). I found a commercial website with some statements about ebikes Ebike Regulations in New Brunswick. I would think you could find the real rules in legalese on a government site. It seems odd that they expect the motor to disengage when you stop pedaling? I doubt the police would ever stop you to determine if yours did or didn't dis-engage. I have only one thought of caution; The tides are minimal at the mouth of the bay, but up at the head of the bay, they can rise 40 feet. When the tide is out you can walk out miles in some places, however the tide comes back in faster than you can walk and some careless individuals find themselves wet getting back to shore. I hope you have a good trip.
I have a recumbent Etrike and when I stop peddling, the motor stops. I do have an accelerator that allows me to use the motor and not have to peddle at all. I use this function when crossing a road or if I just feel lazy and don’t feel like peddling.

I have a recumbent Etrike and when I stop peddling, the motor stops. I do have an accelerator that allows me to use the motor and not have to peddle at all. I use this function when crossing a road or if I just feel lazy and don’t feel like peddling.
Thanks for the explanation, as I know nothing about ebikes. The minimum seat height of 68cm above the ground, would that disallow your recumbent trike?

Back
Top Bottom