BBQ carrier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wayner

has anyone seen or fabricated a BBQ Grill holder that would mount to the rear of a TT?  I'm thinking of making something that would mount to the rear 4 inch tube (sewer hose holder) bumper on the rear of my TT.  I'd be using a small 18 inch grill that uses the small 2 lb propane bottles.  I'd like it to swing from it's storage position, out to the side of the trailer for use.  If anyone has seen one or has a picture of one, I'd really like to see it.

Check out the stainless steel grills from West Marine. They have several mounting options.

Haven't seen much.  The biggest problem is that for reasons of smoke stains and fire safety you really do want your grill to be some distance from the trailer.  I've thought about making a collar for the tongue jack column with a grill mount on it but have never followed through.  That would allow some repositioning for the wind and would have the grill a good 4' or so from the wall of the trailer.

Jammer said:
you really do want your grill to be some distance from the trailer.
My TT came with a mount on the side  for a grill. So far not a problem.

I have always wondered about those wall mounted grills.

I do agree, I like mine at the end of the picnic table  (Just past the end) and I keep a bottle of water handy (1.5 gallons under pressure) So far, I have not had to "Grab" it. (I've used it a few times but non-emergency)  That plastic bottle rides atop my Propane tank by the way... Figure that is a good spot for it.

We use one that mounts to the side of the trailer (came with it) and have never seen smoke stains or noticed the siding getting warm.  And we use it a LOT.  Good item.

I was looking for something similar. Ran across this site. I may get one in the spring.
http://billsbumperq.com/

TakeItEasy said:
I was looking for something similar. Ran across this site. I may get one in the spring.
http://billsbumperq.com/
Sam's Club carries grills something like that. (Seasonal.)

wayner said:
has anyone seen or fabricated a BBQ Grill holder that would mount to the rear of a TT?  I'm thinking of making something that would mount to the rear 4 inch tube (sewer hose holder) bumper on the rear of my TT.  I'd be using a small 18 inch grill that uses the small 2 lb propane bottles.  I'd like it to swing from it's storage position, out to the side of the trailer for use.  If anyone has seen one or has a picture of one, I'd really like to see it.

Have you tried boating supply stores (chandlers).  Sailors widely use bolt-on barbecues mounted to rails and bulkheads.  For example, the West Marine chain carries a full line of barbies and mounts.    Click HERE.    They may have  have a mount that may work for your rear bumper.  See their section on mounts.

All that said, I think you will find a picnic table mounting barbecue, charcoal or gas, to be superior, and cheaper for RV purposes.  My cheap Big Five charcoal unit lasted us fine for 15 years -- cooked a great rib eye stake.

We have one mounted on the bumper of our Prime Time Crusader. It swings out so that it is away from the rig. We have never used it as it came as an option that we didn't order. Check out the Prime Time site. Our rig is a 290RLT 5th wheel crusader.

Back
Top Bottom