BBQ Gas or Charcoal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I hope this does not turn into a fight, i know its an age old question (gas or charcoal) with probably no right answer.  However i am going to buy a new grill just for me and so i need fast on and off.  So im thinking maybe gas is better in my case, but i hate the taste of things cooked on a gas grill. 

Now im not talking about a $900 grill OK... im on a budget so im talking about probably max $200 and not a penny more :)

We haven't used charcoal for at least 40 years and now when we smell it, it makes us almost sick. Can't stand the smell anymore. Gas is the only way to go IMHO.

Rene T said:
We haven't used charcoal for at least 40 years and now when we smell it, it makes us almost sick. Can't stand the smell anymore. Gas is the only way to go IMHO.

And to each his own. There's a BBQ place on the route I walk in the mornings, and they've got the smokers going all night. Love that smell!  ;D

I have both gas and charcoal (just a baby Weber for the charcoal). The gas is definitely easier, and I'll use it to quickly do a piece of salmon or a burger. But if I'm having steak or a nice pork chop, gotta go over charcoal.

We mostly use gas simply for the convenience, but for years we carried a tiny charcoal grill that would grill us a couple burgers or chops with 2-3 charcoal briquets. Loved it and used often, even though we had a gas grill as well.  The company that made ours went out of business a few years back, but here are a couple similar types.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C94CYPB/
https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Sense-Small-Yakatori-Charcoal/dp/B0035ZWFDC

I much prefer charcoal at home or when camping, but the big grill at home is gas because it is such a pain to use charcoal for 8 or 10 people. We use a Volcano grill when we are in the RV. It works very well with a small amount of charcoal, but it isn?t very big. It also has a gas insert we can use if we are in a place that doesn?t allow charcoal. It easily holds 4 burgers or 2 nice sized steaks.

Back
Top Bottom