Be careful if purchasing 2016 Forest Rivers with multiple batteries.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Don C

Factory has installed incorrect wiring diagram for battery connections. I believe the model was a Cedar Creek 38FL6. Friend just picked this up last weekend. Went to move it the following day and hydraulic lifts would not operate displaying low voltage alarm. See attached drawing.

Attachments

• Forest Battery (4).JPG
    Forest Battery (4).JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 106
That wiring diagram does look to me  to create a 12 volt battery bank.  The two sets of outside batteries are wired in series to create two 12 volt batteries and the two sets are then wired in parallel to create one larger batttery bank.

The two center batteries with the positives tied together is a problem.

The positive should be tied to the very left battery positive. 

I stared at this diagram for quite a while before I looked at the replies. My mind kept saying, but the two banks are wired in parallel, and each bank is wired in series. That's ok. Looking at the replies it finally dawned on me, the parallel connections for both positive and negative are incorrect. I would add the negative should go from the 2nd battery to the 4th battery. I have 30 years of experience working on 12V systems on boats, and had trouble  picking this up. That is why you need qualified engineers designing things for the RV industry.

Back
Top Bottom