Beeping after A/C turns off???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carterbme

We have a Grand Design Imagine model camper and every time the A/C shuts off, there is one beep (we can’t locate by the way)about 45 seconds later. Anyone have this experience before? Remedies?

most of the time when someone has a "beep" in their RV that they can't seem to find, it turns out to be the CO detector, which is usually down low by the entrance to the rig. Everyone first thinks it's a smoke detector, so they look up instead of down. CO/LP detectors will beep if voltage is low, perhaps when you shutoff the AC there is a momentary dip in your voltage.

Last edited:
The beep actually appears to be moving from one location to another. I thought it was the gas detector at first, and it may be, but we tested the detector and the beep is different. Thought it might be the fridge, but then it beep in another location (seems like) the next time. Regardless, can you think of a remedy or something I can try?

The LP detector is probably hard wired. Remove it from the wall and cut the wiring thereby removing it from the equation. Also check the manufactures date. If it’s over 5 years old, replace it.

The LP detector is probably hard wired. Remove it from the wall and cut the wiring thereby removing it from the equation. Also check the manufactures date. If it’s over 5 years old, replace it.
yes..by battery, I mean the house battery. if it's low, the detector will beep, unless hooked up to shore power.

Thank you for trying. We called support services and come to find out, it was the fireplace. We had the fireplace switch in the on position. The fireplace and AC can’t run at the same time, so when the AC was kicking on, it would disconnect the FP power. What we heard was the fireplace power kicking back on indicated by a beep. Apparently, on our model, the FP switch is backwards, up is off, down is on. Hope this helps someone in the future. Big thanks to Grand Design service tech team for a quick and helpful response.

Back
Top Bottom