Belgrade Mini Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Godward

The Reiter's stopped by today and we have had a pleasant visit and an enjoyable meal at the Bar 3 BBQ.  It will end all too soon when they pull out in the morning and head into the wolds on eastern Montana.  somewhere out there in the middle of nowhere, they are looking for a parking spot tomorrow night.  They want to keep the daily mikeage down to a reasonable amount and that will really get them to NOWHERE from here.  VBG  billings is too close and Miles City is too far so check your maps and RV Park manuals and see if you can find a spot for thm about 200 miles from Belgrade!  VBG

Attachments

• bar3bbq.jpg
    bar3bbq.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Camp Godward.JPG
    Camp Godward.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 38
200 miles along I-94, that is :)  We may end up in Miles City, but Lorna wants a 150 mile day after that.

We found a small campground at I-94 exit 49 behind the Fort Custer Bar.  About half a dozen sites, some 20A, some 30A, and one 50A.  At least one 30A socket isn't connected and we didn't check the 50A as we were already parked by a 30A post.  Full hookups too, only $15/night and they serve breakfast.

Very satellite friendly, I don't think there's a tree for 50 miles :)

Glad to hear that there was one about Custer.  That just about made it a 200 mile day!!  VBG  Beach will be another 200 or so miles and Dickinson is around 250. 

Looks like you should have some reasonable days.  Medora has probably rolled up the streets although the Teddy R. Park will still be open there in town!  BG

Enjoyed the too short visit!!

No more smoke in the air either.  We are looking at Hwy 12 across to the Twin Cities, a new route for us.  We enjoyed the too short visit and thanks again.

I have only taken 12 as far as Baker in eastern MT.  The road was good that far, a little lonesome but good road.  I have heard of people taking it to Mpls but have no recent or even third hand information.  G 

Good luck and let us know about the road!

Jim

So far Hwy 12 has been good except for about half the distance to Bowman once we entered N.D. but even that wasn't as bad as some we have been on.  Bowman has a very nice city park east of town on Hwy 12 that has electric some with 50 amp with pull-thrus, dump station and a place to get water for $15 per night.  The scenery getting here is beautiful similar to the Badlands.

Jim

We finished driving Hwy 12 today but didn't go all the way to I-494, we turned off at Grove City because of all the small towns that were about five miles apart.  Hwy 12 was good except for a couple of bad parts where they hadn't repaved it yet.  We would drive it again.  Since we were heading for Ham Lake CG it made sense to head up to I-94 from Grove City.  The weather was great until today when we got up to cloudy and cool all the way to Ham Lake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom