Best Polish for RVs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mayzie

I have a year old motorhome and am interested in giving it a thorough wax/ polish coat.  I am looking for a product that works well and is fairly easy to apply.  Any and all ideas are appreciated.  Thanks!

To get started try a couple coats of nu-finish, if the oxidation is real bad you might have to go with 3M products you can get at a marina. 

For your situation (one year old RV), I would choose Protect-All.  It is an excellent light-duty cleaner/wax that is very easy to apply, basically wipe-on and wipe-off. Leaves a nice shine and  6-12 months of protection.  If you had an older coach with more oxidation or "black streaks", I might choose something with more polishing action, but those also require more elbow grease.  If you use a light duty product like Protect-All regularly, you should not ever need a stronger product.

Everybody has a favorite car/RV polish and they all work decently. However, you probably don't need any extra cleaning/polishing action and certainly no machine buffing, so you can focus on the "easy to use" part more than the "restores the shine" aspect.
Nu-Finish is an excellent product but more appropriate where the surface is oxidized or very grimy. Hopefully a one year old RV hasn't reached that stage.

I have used Nu Finish for years and it works just fine on surfaces that are not weathered.  It is not for surfaces that require any significant polishing.  Use it now and then once or twice a year.

I recently used Megular?s cleaner wax and was quite impressed with how well it cleaned up a truck that hadn?t been waxed in awhile.  I generally use either Nu Finish or Turtle Wax Ice on a clean surface.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom