Best RV prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cinerama

I am looking for a new Class B+ motorhome and naturally am also looking for the most product for my money.  rvdirect.com seems to have the best prices but limited motorhomes so I am looking for other web sites that offer direct purchases similar to rvdirect.com.  Any input with other internet URL's like rvdirect.com would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I suggest you shop ALL the web sites to determine what make and model best suits you. Then, contact numerous dealers in the brand via the internet and ask for their best price for the one you want.  At least a few of them will offer substantial discounts, though perhaps not until the 2nd or 3rd round of negotiations.  Most dealers will match another dealer's price if needed to make the sale.  And you aren't limited to what they have in stock - specifiy the model and optional equipment you want. They can order it for you, upgrade one on their lot  or they may make you a "good deal" on one they have that is close to your specs.

Picking the sales outlet ahead of the make & model is seldom a good idea.

Lets set the record straight for all of you RV direct wanna be buyers!  There name is Albany RV and if your deal is the lowest price possible and you dont care to be taken care after the sale then by all means rv direct is for you.  Next thing is they are mostly a jayco dlr.  but they do offer some other brands.  Be careful of them not prepping the units.  They even actually are not suppose to give discounted prices over the net per the manufacturer.  They have a loophole however in which they will e mail u back with a price.  They give the Rv industry itself a bad name in which we are more comparable with the car business!  We deserve and are entitled to make a profit.  Just remember service after the sale is important also!!!!!!!!!

We deserve and are entitled to make a profit.

I gather you are a dealer, tom b.

I have a little bit different slant on that. You aren't entitled to anything except an opportunity to try to win my business. You need to work hard and earn a profit, by managing your business efficiently so you can offer a good product at an attractive price.

I agree, RV sales is a tough job!  Reading these posts I have learned a little about the RV community and how they feel about Salespeople.  You all should know that there are some honest and caring ones left.  It also goes both ways the customer in most cases will lie to try to get a better deal.  Or withhold information.  I enjoy helping people find what they are looking for!!!!

tom b said:
I agree, RV sales is a tough job!  Reading these posts I have learned a little about the RV community and how they feel about Salespeople.  You all should know that there are some honest and caring ones left.  It also goes both ways the customer in most cases will lie to try to get a better deal.  Or withhold information.  I enjoy helping people find what they are looking for!!!!

Tom

I think most of us have encountered the other type of salesmen more frequently and those who work for less than straightforward dealerships. A friend worked for one of the larger dealerships in the Phoenix area and was let go because he was too honest and straightforward with his customers and, as a result, didn't sell as many units as they wanted.

Unfortunately there seems the dishonest type RV salesman seems to be more prevalent than the straight and honest ones thus why we advise never believe a salesman or the dealership.

Well I am a newbie, and have just purchased my first RV, have not even picked it up yet.  I don't like many of the sales tactics used today in many areas of product sales.  We have seen lawyers, doctors, and pharm companies join the ranks of the used car salesmen.  I get more junk mail by several times than real mail.  The phone usually rings a time or two a day with somebody trying to sell something.  I too have walked off a couple of times in the middle of a car potential sale when getting double teamed.

All that said, I have to say I enjoyed my time at the RV dealership I eventually purchased from.  I visited four dealers in the area and the one I bought from was the most pleasant and the one that I learned the most from.  Once the salesman found out that I did not know RVs I was treated to a walking and looking education.  The salesman knew I was not going to buy a 400K class A but we looked and learned about them.  He knew I was not going to buy an 8K pound TT but we looked and learned about those.

There are a few good salesmen and firms still out there.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom