Best shower head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samthetramp

The pressure at my shower head could be better. I've used CLR on it a couple of times. I think the innards are getting CV clogged from hard water. What shower head models have given y'all the best pressure?

I'll be the first to sing the praises of the Oxygenics shower head.  While it doesn't change water pressure, it changes how it feels by altering the water's surface tension.  Or so I gather.  However it works, it produces a comfortable and effective shower spray, way more than a dribble despite our campground's often dismal water pressure.

SeilerBird said:
Use the Oxygenics if you are rich. Otherwise you can save a huge chunk of money buying this one which is a lot cheaper and just as good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H2DFZD4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Does it have the on off switch Tom? Couldn't see it on link.

SeilerBird said:
Use the Oxygenics if you are rich. Otherwise you can save a huge chunk of money buying this one which is a lot cheaper and just as good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H2DFZD4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks nice, but how is the water usage?  Seems like it would be a higher flow rate than the Oxygenics.  I could certainly be wrong.  I don't see it specified on the Amazon listing.

jackiemac said:
Does it have the on off switch Tom? Couldn't see it on link.
Yes it does. It is right next to the handle near the base of the unit. You can see it in all the photos.
Looks nice, but how is the water usage?  Seems like it would be a higher flow rate than the Oxygenics.  I could certainly be wrong.  I don't see it specified on the Amazon listing.
I have no idea about water usage. I live in Florida where water usage does not matter. The flow rate is adjustable if it is too high, but I think it is just right.

I recommended this a while ago and plasticman was thrilled with it.

SeilerBird - Right on with the $19.00 shower head!!!  :)) ;D  Used it this morning and it works great!  Best shower in my house for years!  Thanks!  Reminder to all who are unhappy with shower head force - take out the water resistor!!!  Really improves the flow!

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,119085.msg1084231.html#msg1084231

If you love your current shower head, you can unscrew it and immerse it in vinegar to clear the deposits off. If you are looking for a replacement, a lot depends on whether you stay mostly stationary or move a lot. If you move a lot and run off your tanks mostly, I really recommend an Oxygenics. We get the best results with it when using the water pump and the tank, and we have tried a few. If you are stationary and using a water hose, just get one for a regular house. There are numerous models, and you can decide what you want.

UTTransplant said:
If you love your current shower head, you can unscrew it and immerse it in vinegar to clear the deposits off. If you are looking for a replacement, a lot depends on whether you stay mostly stationary or move a lot. If you move a lot and run off your tanks mostly, I really recommend an Oxygenics. We get the best results with it when using the water pump and the tank, and we have tried a few. If you are stationary and using a water hose, just get one for a regular house. There are numerous models, and you can decide what you want.
X2

I have an Oxygenics in the FW and love it.

I am I just clean my shower and faucet heads with acetylene torch tip cleaners. The notion that there's a best shower head is one that never occurred to me. 

Your shower head is really a personal preference and thinking back over the years I don't know that I could pick "one" shower head that was better than the others.  As I get older though I do like a more vigorous head.  One that changes from soft and gentle too vigorous with a turn of the head is ideal.

I put the small funny looking oxygenics in back before they had all the normal looking options. Don't like the way it looks...but it's a shower head....don't really care.

The thing is wonderful in the RV. Infinitely better than the factory garbage!

It drastically increases the velocity of spray making it seem like a lot more volume coming out. It truly does reduce the amount of time needed to take a shower, and therefore the water volume used.

side note....folks talk about the pressure....
pressure in the pipe is the same with any head...60psi or whatever your pump generates
pressure of the water when it leaves the head...any head....zero
The thing you really want is volume of water....how many gallons are hitting you
or alternatively a higher velocity of the water drops....this is what oxygenics does.
I suppose spray pattern is the other variable

I never thought I would be replying to a shower head thread, but I have to share. This is the BEST shower head I have ever had and Cheap!

Friends, Let me introduce you to.....a YOO-MEE..

The Fake Chrome will WOW you too. :)

We have tried a couple others and found our Oxygenics shower head to work the best. In the end it is a personal thing, but assuming you have tried some of the previous suggestions on cleaning the shower head, you might try the oxygenics. The other measure we take is even when hooked up to city water, we operate from our freshwater tank rather than the city water, which we only use to fill the tank. Reason being is many many rv parks have low pressure, particularly when busy and assuming you have some sort of filtration, pressure is reduced again by the filters. Another reason we operate from the tank is if a leak were to develop in the rig hearing the pump turn on is a tell tale indicator.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom