Best way to mount a laptop to an RV's table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lukearndt

Hi guys.  I'm new here, and I come in search of an answer. :)

I'm going to be going on a camping trip in a 27-foot Coachmen RV.  I have a laptop that I would like to use on the RV's table, and I'm looking for the best way to mount/secure the computer to the table.  I realize that in a bad accident, the laptop is probably toast anyway.  I'm just looking for something that will keep the laptop from sliding in case of an abrupt stop, a swerve, or something like that.

I need the mount to be temporary; that is, I can't screw anything into the table or, obviously, into the laptop. 

So, with that said... does anybody have any ideas on the easiest way to secure the laptop to a table?  I've thought of Velcro or tie-down straps.  Anything else that might work?

Thanks so much for any suggestions you can offer! :)

A few blobs of earthquake putty (aka museum putty) will do the trick.

Personally.. I don't worry about it (I have the laptop on a table next to the driver's seat, With the GARMIN plugged in it's my navigator A quick glance tells me everything, other navigator is basically useless... Her map reading program is highly missing.)

However I'd think that non-slip shelf liner should do it, if you want the thing "set up" so someone can computer whiel someone else drives.. Else stow it in it's carry bag like I do when not using it as navigator

Heavy duty, self stick Velcro.  That's how I keep the laptop from sliding on the swing arm table I use in the passenger seat.  Works like a charm.

Ellen/John Spiller

Back
Top Bottom