Best way to Park an RV Nearest to City Center, Portland for a day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

THOR Compass

Hi Everyone, I have a question for the Portland Oregon RVers. I'll be traveling to Seaside RV Park, OR, on Aug 02, 2022. I need some advice on parking my RV as near as possible to Downtown Portland. This will be to either catch an Uber or Lyft (or use the MAX transit system) to do siteseeing around downtown city center in Portland, then get back to the RV later that day to drive back to Seaside RV Park. The cost of parking would also be great. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you, in advance.

I haven't been there in years, but there are RV parks within easy reach. Why not get a site and stay there a night or two and enjoy Portland? Jantzen Beach, Columbia River, and Fox Run pop up on the maps.

There is a Walmart downtown too - check that forpossible RV use. And a big Lowes store where maybe you could park for 3-4 hours without bothering anybody too much.

Size of RV? Just a WAG but maybe park at the Zoo you could catch MAX there. Might do a search for Sunset Transit Center it is near US 26 and OR 217. 10470 SW Barnes Rd, Portland, OR 97225
(503) 238-7433. You can catch both MAX and buses at both.

Thanks, for all the responses. I'm a budget RVer. Can't afford the nicer RV parks and stick with my Thousand Trail Parks membership parks. My motor home is 24ft x 7ft with a slide. I ended up drviving around in circles just to drop my wife off to exchange a Louis Vuitton bag. That was a mistake as for the narrow streets and one ways. I'll remember all this advice given. I also googled a Lloyd's parking lot 6-minutes by Uber the next day.

OHSU is a big facility and has some parking for oversize vehicles where you can pay by the day to park. You'll have to check size restrictions, but if your RV is only 24', that's only 3' longer than a Chevy crew cab short bed fullsize pickup....if it's an open air lot I doubt height would be an issue.

You can catch light rail from campus too.

OHSU is a big facility and has some parking for oversize vehicles where you can pay by the day to park. You'll have to check size restrictions, but if your RV is only 24', that's only 3' longer than a Chevy crew cab short bed fullsize pickup....if it's an open air lot I doubt height would be an issue.

You can catch light rail from campus too.
Thanks, I'll keep that one in mind for next time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom