Beware of Good Sam.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TonyL

Despite severe warnings from Good Sam that my membership was about to expire, and that failing to renew was comparable to beating up nuns. I didn't want to renew, not much point whilst stuck in the UK, but they still took my money saying it was on auto renewal. Something I never ever opt for. Now I have the challenge of getting my money back.
BE WARNED!😡

All of my GS stuff, membership, roadside, extended warranty, travel assist, etc. just expired last month - no issues. Lots of mailrenewal notices via mail though. It's a good reminder to check your membership profile and settings though. You can do it on line.

Despite severe warnings from Good Sam that my membership was about to expire, and that failing to renew was comparable to beating up nuns. I didn't want to renew, not much point whilst stuck in the UK, but they still took my money saying it was on auto renewal. Something I never ever opt for. Now I have the challenge of getting my money back.
BE WARNED!😡
File a fraud complaint with you bank. They will get your money back. Works every time for me.

I have had to do a few of those over the years with assorted firms.
They go "Auto" I tell the bank, Auto-Decline
Got one I spotted (not GS) last week,
Well the card itself is now canceled due to a comedy of errors and another unauthorized charge so future charges to that card... Declined. .
(The bank notified me of a suspicious charge. Well When I got around to contacting the vendor the next day turns out that one was legit. but there was another charge, same day, that was not so the bank, rather quickly refunded that one. And the legit one was re-done to a different card. and I'm waiting on the replacement card.. Thankfully I have 3 cards and can move money off the one that's canceled via computer to the one the active ones. )

He had auto renewal set up which is done automatically when you sign up. There is a way to opt out and it is in the online forms you ARE SUPPOSED TO READ. When he originally signed up there is a notice that YOU ARE AGREEING to Auto renewal to get the low price quoted. Good Sam inundates people with mail and notifys you before the charge is made . My guess it he threw it out as junk and HE NEVER CANCELLED the auto renewal
HOW IS THIS FRAUD?

IN Fact I just got a advertisement from GOOD SAM and I am taking a picture of the pertinent part

GOOD SAM DID NOTHING WRONG HERE
I am enclosing a link from the checkout page were the auto renewal is clearly stated and a link provided to cancel the auto renew

Attachments

• renew.jpg
    renew.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Funny this should come up now. I got an email this morning that our Philadelphia Zoo membership would automatically renew on 8 August for $238. I went to the zoo’s website and cancelled the auto renew. To my knowledge I did not opt for auto renew.

He had auto renewal set up which is done automatically when you sign up. There is a way to opt out and it is in the online forms you ARE SUPPOSED TO READ. When he originally signed up there is a notice that YOU ARE AGREEING to Auto renewal to get the low price quoted. Good Sam inundates people with mail and notifys you before the charge is made . My guess it he threw it out as junk and HE NEVER CANCELLED the auto renewal
HOW IS THIS FRAUD?

IN Fact I just got a advertisement from GOOD SAM and I am taking a picture of the pertinent part

GOOD SAM DID NOTHING WRONG HERE
I am enclosing a link from the checkout page were the auto renewal is clearly stated and a link provided to cancel the auto renew
It's fraud because we took it out over the phone, there was no mention of auto renewal, and we never received any paperwork or even a membership card, as can be verified by our post handling company who photocopy all incoming mail.

Below is what i received end of June. Does this look like I agreed auto renewal?​

YcxlwkV8ANANvql0-y3YR_x8IBSQ-It5LkVix55KcmHtyZNJv1ZOdfrBKwJqOlU442YO9_JAVaFFJOvGaQ9PzJGTRJzG_dpV4oyeV74Vp11oxBB07KU_3lgV2Gi7zGn6_JOydHCZycGfwiHA=s0-d-e1-ft

206AcUQJf3-KFxLEgvP-4nfdH2EUELhf36rtwdr8fpgq1YElQkbAMg9Aj3Fe1pIn9iLEi4Ve4g_DpO5SFHKatswlPTQ7n7aEdTc4TqJPKDv0_8_XbNUrA2lUQQHj0sAIwxNLjenI1YDVIxCtCU3v47wG54iMTD0mcrJWh_1GiygRZYjLXw=s0-d-e1-ft

Your Membership Expires Soon!​

Renew now to reactivate your membership & regain access to all the great benefits that you enjoyed as a Good Sam member!

Renew now to unlock:​
  • Savings on products, accessories and outdoor gear at Camping World & Gander RV & Outdoors retail locations
  • Discount on camping at 2,400+ Good Sam Parks & Campgrounds
  • Savings on fuel and more at select Pilot Flying J locations
  • Service and installation savings

Plus, receive up to a $30 in Merchandise Certificate when you renew by Friday, July 9, 2021.

Customer Satisfaction Guarantee

CONNECT WITH US ON SOCIAL MEDIA

Fb
Tw
Yt
Ig
P
*Offers are not retroactive. Certificate(s) will be mailed in your membership kit. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. Sales tax on memberships is applicable in certain states.

od Sam membership benefits, promotions and/or special offers are subject to change without prior notice. Some benefits, products and services offered by Good Sam may not be available to residents in certain states or outside the U.S. Some restrictions apply to certain benefits. Membership fees are non-refundable.​
This may be considered an advertising or promotional message from
Good Sam, PO Box 6888 Englewood, CO 80155

Privacy Policy | View Web Version

To remove yourself from our email program
or update your email preferences, click here.

© 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All rights reserved.

GSR_Renewal |

Well, the Good Sam computer system leaves a lot to be desired. The DW renewed the card a few months back. Then 2 different campgrounds indicated that the account was expired in the system. She contacted GS after each occurrence. They said the account is up to date and paid. But it still continues. I have little faith in their system.

Well, the Good Sam computer system leaves a lot to be desired. The DW renewed the card a few months back. Then 2 different campgrounds indicated that the account was expired in the system. She contacted GS after each occurrence. They said the account is up to date and paid. But it still continues. I have little faith in their system.
Carry a copy of that confirmed renewal with your card until the system updates.

I dropped my Good Sam membership years ago. I'll gladly give up the 10% discount for the frustration relief.

Reactions: RRR
The membership I am referring to is the recovery/ breakdown cover, not their campsite discount.
We only had the discount membership for our first year and found the passport America card much better value and offered much better annual savings.

That's the reason I will not have anything to do with Good Sam or Camping world.
I had previously ordered parts through Camping World. The website said the parts were in stock and I would get a shipping confirmation. Two weeks later still no confirmation. I tried emailing CW numerous times. Never got any response. Called and was put on hold for almost an hour before anyone answered. I was then told they were extremely busy. They checked the order and it was still sitting in the warehouse waiting for the shipper to pick it up and they could not verify a delivery date. REALLY????
Spoke with a so called supervisor and he said they would ship it overnight at no charge. A WEEK later it finally showed up. Two weeks later I received my original order. Called them and they said "I" never cancelled the first order. Called again and they had no idea why the original order was shipped. Threatened with Consumer Protection and the finally credited my card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom