Bigfoot motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JudyBKM

I've been reading with interest discussions about the advantages of a Lazy Daze Class C. It appears, however, that comparing the 30' Lazy Daze with the 31.8' 4000 series Bigfoot -- the payload for the Bigfoot is much greater. (So is the price though.? :() Yes, we are again considering a MH, but I prefer the Class C -- and Stu doesn't like a big overhang in front, so from what we can see on the Web, the Bigfoot would work out better than the Lazy Daze.

Comments? And "hi" everyone! Hope you've been well . . .

Are you really back, Judy?, or are you just flirting with us :)?

Ciao,

Doug

Hello... I'm ELLIS.
THIS particular topic seems as good as any for me to climb out of the woodwork - & to dive into this forum with an observation.

In my opinion, lining up the Lazy Daze next to the Bigfoot 4000 is akin to the old apples to avocados comparison.
(I don't like oranges) 
Not a whole lots in common between the two, aside from some fine craftsmanship in BOTH - from this particular ?C? Class.

Between the two, you?re dealing with different:
Costs
Weights
Lengths
Chassis
CCC
Floorplans
Countries of origin
Sale structuring
& did I say ... ... COSTS.

I would suggest that the 3000 series Bigfoot MIGHT make for a bit more fair(er) comparison for the LD side.

A. Ellis

DougJ said:

Ciao,

Doug
Maybe a little of each?? :)

Due to a few circumstances, we are semi-seriously looking for a new MH. Flying is becoming such a hassle -- and putting that together with the fact that we have a cat that we don't like to leave at home AND my newly diagnosed sleep apnea, which requires me to travel with a CPAP machine (not fun when flying), it seems as though it would be so much easier to travel via RV. A lot will depend on what we see "out there."

aeejbe said:
Hello... I'm ELLIS.
THIS particular topic seems as good as any for me to climb out of the woodwork - & to dive into this forum with an observation.
I'm glad I asked then.? :)

Not a whole lots in common between the two, aside from some fine craftsmanship in BOTH - from this particular ?C? Class. . . . I would suggest that the 3000 series Bigfoot MIGHT make for a bit more fair(er) comparison for the LD side.

I certainly don't disagree that there is a huge difference in COST between the LD and the Bigfoot 4000. Unfortunately, it appears that the 3000 doesn't have the front-end configuration that Stu prefers.

It sure would be nice to see one locally, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

DougJ said:

Ciao,

Doug
We probably should add the Born Free to the mix. Let me add that there are other possibilities, but they weren't rated very well by the RV Consumer Group.

Posting #2.  This is becoming a HABIT!

That large overhang DOES give the 3000 Bigfoot a distinctive look from the outside.  Liked by some & loathed by others! 
With an approx 12? difference in overall exterior height from the Lazy Daze;  no doubt that?s the ?low profile nail" on which the folks in Pomona hang their hats. 

AND?.
Since Bornfree has now been invited to your party, make sure it?s their 32? PRESIDENT entry (atop the Kodiak Chassis) that you seat next to the 4000 Bigfoot ?. Let them discuss their respective ?Apples to Apples?.

Ellis

aeejbe said:
Posting #2.? This is becoming a HABIT!
And a good habit at that!

Since Bornfree has now been invited to your party, make sure it?s their 32? PRESIDENT entry (atop the Kodiak Chassis) that you seat next to the 4000 Bigfoot ?. Let them discuss their respective ?Apples to Apples?.

Yup, that's the one! Too bad about the price . . . but we've been this route enough times to know that compromise can be a killer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom