Binningers in Quartzsite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom and Margi

Tom and I left Kingman a week or so ago, spent some time on the Colorado River in Parker, and are now at the Ralley Site in La Posa Tyson Wash in Quartzsite.  Guess it's our year to hold down the fort. :D

It's been years since we've boondocked for this length of time.  I must say we're doing pretty well despite at least two "operator errors" so far.  We're parked facing north right across from the big saguaro with five arms.  There is one motorhome way, way down at the end of "our" road.  The old guy in the Wanderlodge who feeds the doves and wild pigeons is here.  Other than that the place is still sparsely settled.

Bob -  we're fairly near your fire ring.  When are you planning to take up residence here?

We have just signed up with RVLogon.com for wireless service riight here at our spot.  So far it's working quite nicely.

Margi

If you get too bored, take a drive down here to Yuma and say hello in person.  We usually go for breakfast on Wednesday mornings and would love to have you join us.

Ned said:
If you get too bored, take a drive down here to Yuma and say hello in person.  We usually go for breakfast on Wednesday mornings and would love to have you join us.

Hi Ned, Where do you go for breakfast, mabe we could meet up??

Jerry & Arlyne

Mi Fajita on Foothills Blvd.  Usually around 0830 on Wednesday.  Call us the night before and we'll confirm.

Ned:

Me?  Get to Yuma in time for breakfast?  Surely you jest!  ;)  I barely made our 8:30 breakfasts in Iowa when I didn't have to drive 90 miles to get there.  :D

When we get around to making the inevitable Sam's run later on, we'll phone and see what we can work out for meeting up with all the Yuma-ites.  Would love to see you, Reeds, Van Luchenes, Brewers, Betty Jordan and whoever else is in the area.

Margi

You could nap on the way down :)  Sure, we could have a mini-rally.  Any excuse for a party.

Ned said:
Mi Fajita on Foothills Blvd.  Usually around 0830 on Wednesday.  Call us the night before and we'll confirm.

Okey dokey, will give you a call Tues.

It will nice to see you both again.

Jerry & Arlyne

Tom and Margi said:
Bob -? we're fairly near your fire ring.? When are you planning to take up residence here?

Great, Margi. It's really nice there when there is no crowds or lines. Year before last I drove down the end of September and really enjoyed my time there. My family in San Jose is pretty large and they frown on my not being there for Thanksgiving and Christmas. So it looks like I will probably head South the day after Christmas.

I hope you are able to enjoy the fire ring . . .

No, no, Bob .... that fire ring is yours.  :D  We have our own smaller one which someone kindly left here but we haven't used it yet.  It's just now getting chilly enough to make that sound good.  We've been moving around a lot during the day -- greeting old friends at Brenda, the swap meet in Parker, shopping in Blythe, etc.  We'll look forward to seeing you in January. 

Margi

Tom and Margi said:
Tom and I left Kingman a week or so ago,.......
Margi

Margi,

So glad you posted this. Peg and I are going through the Kingman area in two weeks and were planning on stopping and seeing you and Tom. Sorry we missed you.

Sorry we missed you and Peg, too, Don.  Will you be coming to Quartzsite or Alamo Lake this year?

Margi

You know...... If you had a tank of helium lying about I could ship you a balloon :)  I plan on arriving right after INDIO and I'll either buy a helium tank in CA or rent one from the welding shop in Parker  Rental, just now. looks very attractive but I'm not sure of the final cost/benefit ratio

Sorry, John.  I looked, but no helium tank hanging around here. :D  We're looking forward to meeting you.  Can't believe we only skipped one year and missed meeting so many new people.  That's what makes attending this rally every year so much fun!

Margi

Fred,

What dates are you and Daisy going to be in Alamo?  Tim and I will be in St. George, Utah for Christmas and are not sure where we are going after that.

Marsha and Tim

Alamo:  Terry/ Betty Brewer, Russ, George - maybe Pam, Daisy and I expect to be there on the 26th or 27th.  Daisy and I are going to try and leave Xmas morning and stop at Gila Bend for the night.  Free Elks Club.

Not sure about others who could be : Sharps and Kuch's?  Got to write to them.

Several others will be at Lake Pleasent an/or Laughlin??

We still fear that the computer glitch of YK 2000 might hit - so we want to be away from the big citys as the plains fall out of the sky - power systems go dead and the National Defense System fails.

Then to FMCA in Indio - then a few days??? followed by QZ.

We'll be at Laughlin with friends and forumites over new year. So, please holler if you'll be there. It's a non-forum event, just some friends getting together before we head east.

Sue and I get back to PHX from the kids late on the 27th.  We will be back on the road on the 28th.

Who is going to Lake Pleasant?

What are the attractions of Alamo Lake vs Lake Pleasant (Other than the great company)?

I thought I was going to have knee surgery when we returned from Honolulu but the doc says it isn't required yet so we have no plans.

Great scenery and friends at Alamo. Nearest village is 40 miles away and Wickenburg in over 60 miles to nearest Safeway and decent restaurant!

Back
Top Bottom