Birdog software updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
This is really a question for Ron, our resident Direcway installer and expert ....

If I need to download the latest satellite data, is it better/easier to download a zip file to my PC, or direct download to the Birdog? I note that download/update interruptions can destroy the existing data file(s) in the BD. FWIW I have 6Mb/s cable here at home, so downloads would be quite fast.

Any reason we're limited to IIRC 32 transponders on the download page? I can't imagine me needing more, but maybe installers might (?)

TIA

I sellect the sats I want and then download to the computer and from the computer to the Birdog.  While I download all the DW, DTV Dish and Starband data it is not necessary.  Some folks just download the information applicable to themselves.  You might want to download the TV data for your TV but is not really necessary.  I use the following site to download the BD updates. www.birdog.tv.

Ron said:
...download to the computer and from the computer to the Birdog.

Thanks Ron, that's what I was looking for.

I do occasionally use the BD for one or other of the DTV antennae at the house, so I'll be downloading that also.

When selecting the Sats the first one you select from the list will be the first one that will come up when you turn on the BD.  The KV and KH are for K Vert and K Horz .  Select Vert or Horz for your Sat based on whether your recieve is Vert or Horz.  This Info is available under the system info in the Control center for the modem.  I always select my internet sat first since that is the one I use most often.

Back
Top Bottom