Black iron pipe or galvanized

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is the total distance you need to move the pipe,, I would think if you can tie a rope and pull it instead of pushing it might be easier..>>>D

What is the total distance you need to move the pipe,, I would think if you can tie a rope and pull it instead of pushing it might be easier..>>>D
I did plan on doing that Dan. The length of the first pipe will be 16’ and will have one coupling. I’m going to assemble those two pipes and then pressure test it before I run it under the trailer. The remaining pipes can be assembled by reaching through the skirting. It won’t be fun. Thanks.

I did plan on doing that Dan. The length of the first pipe will be 16’ and will have one coupling. I’m going to assemble those two pipes and then pressure test it before I run it under the trailer. The remaining pipes can be assembled by reaching through the skirting. It won’t be fun. Thanks.
Make sure the pipe dope you use is rated for LP. Some is NOT, and the LP will eat at the dope and leak after a couple years. Do NOT use teflon tape for any type of gas.

Make sure the pipe dope you use is rated for LP. Some is NOT, and the LP will eat at the dope and leak after a couple years. Do NOT use teflon tape for any type of gas.
I’m aware of that Charlie. Thanks anyway. I am using a pipe door and it says on the can it’s for propane. As far as tape, there is one especially for propane

Suitable Teflon tape for gas fittings or pipe comes in a yellow package with text saying what it's rated for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom