Black water tank blade left open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cottagegirl

I?m definitely a newbie. I flushed the fresh water system when I got my RV. I didn?t notice the black water tank blade pull was left open. I need to dump the tank.
Is the only option to catch sewage in a bucket until the pipe is empty?
I closed the blade and have dumped about 7-8 gallons of sewage into a bucket and then dumped, , but seems there is much more to go. 
Could the blade valve be broken? 

Cottagegirl said:
I flushed the fresh water system when I got my RV.

Meaning you filled it and drained it from the tank drain, or through all the fixtures?

I didn?t notice the black water tank blade pull was left open. I need to dump the tank.
If a valve is "open", and ostensibly if you were "flushing" in the conventional sense, then there would be nothing to dump.  It would've been doing that onto the ground as you went. 

Is the only option to catch sewage in a bucket until the pipe is empty?

Assuming a black tank with some level of content, a bucket or a hose to a sanitary drain.

I closed the blade and have dumped about 7-8 gallons of sewage into a bucket

So you're draining by closing a valve?  Do you mean opening?

seems there is much more to go. 

The don't seem to hold that much when you're camping, just when you're dumping.  :p

Could the blade valve be broken? 

What about the flushing/dumping process as described would indicate a valve problem?

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Long story but yes. CLose valve. Remove  Now I put a big baggy over the end of the pipe and removed the cap through the baggie (i will help you with that) so the baggie caught the stuff (only a few cups wroth in the pipe in my case. don't knwo how far from the end your valve is) and disposed of the contentes of the baggie, then bagged teh baggie and disposed of it as well (Double bagged).

A pliers type oil filter wrench can be of assistance in removing the cap. This is the 3-size slip joint pilers 7 or 8 inch long that adjusts to grip different size oil filters. the largest sttting is perfect for the sewer outlet cap on your RV.  If doing the baggie trick you might want to slip som vinyl tybing over the jaws of the pliers.

Back
Top Bottom