Blackwater Falls State Park Davis, WV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WV_Crusader

The count down has begun…well really started back on 01/27 when we made reservations, but we are going next weekend to Blackwater Falls State Park in Davis, WV. This is my favorite place and i feel like i grew up there as a kid when we would go there in the fall with my parents for leaf peeper season to look at all God’s beauty. And even special occasion surprise trips.

Anyone else ever been to Blackwater whether camping or staying in the lodge or cabins? Just curious how you liked it.

We’ve not been there, but would be interested to go some day. Please post back after your visit and let us know your impressions.
I sure will! I wanna just take the rest of this week off from work and go early but my boss would kill me and my guys would run loose like mice in a cheese factory! Lol

The count down has begun…well really started back on 01/27 when we made reservations, but we are going next weekend to Blackwater Falls State Park in Davis, WV. This is my favorite place and i feel like i grew up there as a kid when we would go there in the fall with my parents for leaf peeper season to look at all God’s beauty. And even special occasion surprise trips.

Anyone else ever been to Blackwater whether camping or staying in the lodge or cabins? Just curious how you liked it.
We went to Blackwater Falls last summer - camped at Canaan Valley, which is just a few miles down the road from BW. These are gorgeous parks! Would love to go back. The trail to the falls is only about 1/4 mile, easy for disabled and puts you out right at the falls. Good luck on your trip.

Sorry for a late response but work has been insane!

We loved it at the campground! Very quiet, clean, bathhouse updated. Only item we would recommend is if you dont know what the site looks like in elevation, ask them thoroughly. Ours was on a big incline but we had enough blocks and chocks i was comfortable. All sites do have electric now. They do have the fresh water station and dump station. Overall im going back again this fall and already made reservations!

Attachments

• 6243A54C-0E68-4C10-8318-ED2E08839C48.jpeg
    6243A54C-0E68-4C10-8318-ED2E08839C48.jpeg
    305.5 KB · Views: 5
We've been to Black water falls several times, beautiful area, but as bishop3 said, we also camp at Canaan Valley SP just 11 miles down the road, mainly because they offer full hook-up. Enjoy and God Bless!

Back
Top Bottom