BLM Land

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve

Are there any permits required for parking a RV on the BLM Land in Quartsite AZ, across from I believe it's a Loves truck stop
on hiwy 10.
Steve

Steve,

Typically, you can stay free for up to 14 days on BLM land. Sometimes a ranger will come around a issue a permit; sometimes they don't. You do not have to get a special permit unless it's posted otherwise. The LTVA's around Quartzsite are a different matter. There they have on-site registration and you pay by when you arrive or the day after. Of ourse there you have access to water and a dump station, where many other BLM's are strictly dry camping.

Long Term Visitor Area - you can buy a permit for 2 weeks or for the season (about 7 months) for the LTVAs.  There are numerous LTVAs in the southwest.

Ok Thanks for that info., but my wife used to drive a truck cross country, and she remembers a loves truck stop across from BLM land on hiwy 10 and we are wondering if that is the one that has water and dump station. Also can you tell us what the charge for seasonal and or the two weeks.
Also too is that the spacific spot that people talk about the flea market, or if not where would the flea market be?
Thanks Steve

$30 for 14 days, $140 for the full season

There are flea markets all over Quartzsite in winter, not much this time of year

Steve said:
Ok Thanks for that info., but my wife used to drive a truck cross country, and she remembers a loves truck stop across from BLM land on hiwy 10 and we are wondering if that is the one that has water and dump station. Also can you tell us what the charge for seasonal and or the two weeks.
Also too is that the spacific spot that people talk about the flea market, or if not where would the flea market be?
Thanks Steve

THE BLM water and dump station is LaPosa South, south on, I think 95, about 3 miles, on the left
Loves (and the nearby Flying-J) do not have dump stations

There is a place a bit north of I-10 on 95 called RV-Pit stop, I think it's $5.00 to dump, and $3.00 to fill your supply tank, they also sell Propane but I did not need so can't price plus prices change faster on that, Water is filtered and THEY dump your tanks for you so you don't need to do anything but, in some cases, open the proper compartment doors (on my rig I have to open two doors)  You do your own fill

Water by the gallon Five cents

Reverse Osmosis filtered water by the gallon,  Quarter

RV-Forum members usually park on the West side of 95, Tyson Wells/LaPosa South area, across from the section with the Dump/Fill stations when we show up in January

EDITED DUE TO A CORRECTION POST:  Tyson WASH, not Tyson Wells,  Sorry if it caused confusion

See you there (I hope)

Tyson Wells is in town, La Posa south is on the east side of higway 95.  The forum rally is at La Posa/Tyson Wash on the west side of highway 95.

Ned said:
Tyson Wells is in town, La Posa south is on the east side of higway 95.  The forum rally is at La Posa/Tyson Wash on the west side of highway 95.

Thank you Ned, I modified the post clearly showing the correction.

Thank you all who responded, much appreciated for all the great info. And yes we will try to be at the rally

One thing you should know Steve.

If you plan on using solar enegery,  Quartzsite has competing solar panel dealers. (Competition means lower prices)

You can also find other great accessories there, like Xantrex inverters (and other brands) and nice heavy duty hook up cables (Anyone for 4/0 or larger) 400 amp fuses, that kind of thing

When the RV forum is in town there are a lot of other bargins to be found too

Back
Top Bottom