Blow out ripped out cable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cannsyl

Hi All,

I have a 2005 Timberland Riverside bumper pull with 1 slid out.
I was coming home from a weekend trip and the driver side back tire blew out on the highway.  In the process there are a couple cables that hang down a little behind there that got ripped out.
I was wondering if any one knows what those cables are for?  I haven't been back out to storage to get a chance to try them out.
I think they may be for the tank gauges but worried it would be power for the slide :( 

Thanks
in advance
Christy

Will be easier to diagnose if you could post some clear pictures. ?Cables? could be to operate valves; wires could be anything

Here are a couple...

Attachments

• 20180722_191837.jpg
    20180722_191837.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 20180722_194756.jpg
    20180722_194756.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 53
What do you have in the slide?  Fridge, fireplace, stereo, microwave, vent hood for stove, if you have a vent hood, are there any tank level indicators on the face of the hood.  Any 110 volt AC wall outlets.

NOTE: Do not plug in the RV to shore power until you reconnect all the wires correctly.

Could just as easily be stop or tail light wires.  You need t try various systems and see what doesn't work. Either that, of physically follow the wires to their destination.

Possible answers
Tail/marker/stop/Turn/License plate lamps
Gauges (Fuel. tank)
Fuel pump (Since it kept runing NOt the fuel pump)
Spares used for things like aux braking on the towed.
Just to name a few.. Oh Back up camera

In short any electrical or electronic device rear from the axle.  ANYTHING AT ALL.

Some of it runs the other side.

Compartment lights.. that's a given.

The slide only has the dinette and couch. All the appliances are on the other side.

I'm really not sure.  I don't think I can turn on the lights with only the battery plugged up.  I know the front motorized jack worked off the battery after the accident.  The AC I'm not sure what power it is but it won't come on with just the battery plugged in.

I'm really hoping it just the gauges.  I'll try it out probably next week.  I'm in the process of buying a used 5th wheel from PPL in Dallas and then I'll check everything out on the TT and get it cleaned up to sell.
It needs a few fixes other than the cord that got pulled out.

cannsyl said:
I'm really not sure.  I don't think I can turn on the lights with only the battery plugged up.  I know the front motorized jack worked off the battery after the accident.  The AC I'm not sure what power it is but it won't come on with just the battery plugged in.

I'm really hoping it just the gauges.  I'll try it out probably next week.  I'm in the process of buying a used 5th wheel from PPL in Dallas and then I'll check everything out on the TT and get it cleaned up to sell.
It needs a few fixes other than the cord that got pulled out.

You probably have a light over the dinette and maybe even over the couch for reading. Those lights would be 12 Volt DC and would run off the battery. If you have any wall outlets for plugging in a radio, hair dryer, computer or whatever, they would be 110 Volt AC and would get power when you plug your RV electrical cord in a power supply at home or at a campground.

Back
Top Bottom