Bob Buchanan checking in . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Buchanan

WHAT??? I can only view 30 messages at a time???? Sheeeezzzzz . . . <grin>

Tom, thank you for putting all this together -- your efforts are much appreciated.

You're welcome Bob, and thanks for showing up. I was thinking about you a couple of days ago when I was talking with someone about the interconnected reservoirs in CA. "Now if only Bob were here, he could it explain it much better than I".

Hello Tom:

As you can see, I feel it important to respond quickly to posts <g>. Sorry about that, but that continues to be the way of my life.

[I was thinking about you a couple of days ago when I was talking with someone about the interconnected reservoirs in CA. "Now if only Bob were here, he could it explain it much better than I"]
====
Glad you enjoyed that discussion, Tom. Few really know how most all of the major reservoirs in the Central Valley of CA are linked -- and for what purpose. Unfortunately, I rarely hear LA folk thanking us NCal folk for diverting the Trinity River into LA <g>.

Glad to see things going so well on your new forum layout.

Hey Ron:

[Welcome to the new look Bob.? Hows the new setup working?]
====
Thanks for the welcome. I assume you mean this forum setup? It's working OK, but have only posted a couple of times - so am still a little unsure of myself.

[Do you like the revised elevation adjuster any better?]
====
Yes, first of all, switching to the new DW6000 was a good move. Getting used to the differenes in how one sets the dish up was a little tricky at times. For some reason, my OPI and screen reads 15 points or so less than the actual SS posted on the 6000 info screen, but that's OK as long as it works. Also, my transmitter went south and getting a new once delivered and installed we will have to chat about sometime - and the reasons I wound up at Jerry's place in LV. Your new elevation deally works great - other than I wish it had a crank to turn vs the wing nut.

Here's some pics I took in LV . . .

www.rvspacemanager.com/LasVegas.htm

Hi Bob,

We are all learning on the new forum but it is far superior to what we had before.  Tom has done a great job.

Talked to Jerry today and he mentioned that you had tire problem on the way into Las Vegas.  Glad you and Jerry were able to get the collateral damage repaired.  Jerry said DW sent you a new xmiter.  I will be upgrading to the DW6000 now since I am now a certified installer and will be installing the DW6000.  Gives me more practice if I have one.  Stand by for the new elevation adjuster design I will put together while in Mt.  If it works as I think it will it will be much better than the current design.

Great photos of Las Vegas.  Like you we really enjoy that city.

Keep us updated as to your wherebouts.

Hi Bob. I was wondering where you were!

Bob Buchanan said:
Here's some pics I took in LV . . .

www.rvspacemanager.com/LasVegas.htm

Bob,

Here is another tidbit of information about the intersection of Tropicana Blvd. and the Las Vegas Strip. The four hotels on that corner have more hotel rooms than all the hotel rooms in San Francisco.

Bob,

Here is another tidbit of information about the intersection of Tropicana Blvd. and the Las Vegas Strip. The four hotels on that corner have more hotel rooms than all the hotel rooms in San Francisco.

Thanks, Don -- I'll include that in the picture caption.

Glad to see that yoou have found the new forum, Bob.  It's good to see you here.  Enjoyed your Las Vegas pictures.

Hi Bob,
Haven't heard from you in quite a while - glad someone rolled the rock from in front of your cave! ;D Welcome back.
Please, either you or Ron keep me informed about the evolution of the mount. I may be looking to do that in the near future.

Karl,

I have some ideas for a new elevation adjustment and pol adjustment.  Probably will get them put together while we are in Mt.

Hello Karl:

Thanks for the welcome -- I guess I do find myself in the cave of trying to make a buck most of the time.

kkolbus said:
Please, either you or Ron keep me informed about the evolution of the mount. I may be looking to do that in the near future.

I see Ron has gotten back to you on his modifications, but am assuming you are referring to a roof mount? The Gila Bend dealer has one plus the fellow from Oregon that made ours. If I hear of improvements will let you know. The main upgrade we are looking for is to have the LNB arm fold down vs. having to bungie it to the mount base. Ron has a hinge he got in Gila Bend, but will let him tell you more about it - and how he came to have it in his possession.

Hey -- I never got my sharp cheddar. Next time, OK?

Bob,
You left so quickly that morning that I didn't have a chance to wish you a bon voyage. Your cheese is still here, but it will be a year older and therefore a lot more expensive ;D ;D Just kidding.
Yes, I'm talking about the rooftop mount. I've gotten the pointing phase down to a few minutes, but setting up the tripod/dish is not something I want to do for just one or two nights, and in moderately strong winds, lifting the dish onto the mount can be a real hassle for one person.
Where are you now?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom