Bob Maxwell in hospital

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Following a heads up from Liz, I just got off the phone, first with Bev Maxwell and then with Bob. Some of you probably know that Bob had been ill with flu for a couple of weeks. Friday he had a lot of difficulty breathing and was taken into hospital where they diagnosed his lungs were full of fluid. They've taken care of that, and tomorrow he has a heart catheterization procedure to detect if he has a potential cardiac issue. Depending on the results of the test, he might receive an ICD (a small automatic defibrilator) implanted as a precautionary measure.

The latter procedure has a very short recovery period (same procedure Dick Cheney had and was back at work the next day). But Bob has not yet agreed to the implant of the ICD. Hopefully he'll be out of hospital in a few days.

Please keep Bob uppermost in your thoughts and prayers, and let's wish him a speedy recovery.

Tom,

Thanks for letting us know about Bob's condition.  We will keep him (and Bev) in our thoughts.

Update on Bob as of this evening 3/10/2005.

Just got off the phone with Bev. Bob had the catheterization procedure yesterday. He was supposed to have an isotope test today, but the hospital ran out of isotopes, so he has to wait again.

Bev said that, thanks to the 20 lbs of fluid he lost, Bob is looking really good. But he's bored. Bev is going to take a borrowed notebook PC into the hospital tomorrow (evening?), so we might just see Bob online form his hospital bed! Then we can all pass along our best wishes first hand.

It would a real hoot if he was able to get online from his hospital bed, and I'm sure he'd love to read the 'get well' messages from Framily members.

Update from Liz Pearce today:

I talked to Bev Maxwell earlier today, Sat., 3/12/05. Bob is in good spirits, he is not hooked up to any machines and his liquid intake is no longer restricted nor being monitored. There has been some discussion about bypass surgery. However, all systems are on hold for the weekend.
Bob Maxwell
Room 362
Lovelace Medical Center
5400 Gibson Blvd, SE
Albuquerque, NM 87108
(505)262-700

Please keep Bob and Bev in your thoughts and prayers.

Tom said:
It would a real hoot if he was able to get online from his hospital bed, and I'm sure he'd love to read the 'get well' messages from Framily members.

Well,

Here I am on Sat afternoon at 2.26 in room 362 at Loveless Hospital in Albuquerque NM. I'm finally on line at 115k with my Samsung and Bev's Dell inspiron 5100.

I arrived here a week ago last evening with my lungs plumb full and the paramedic saying, "The two things you absolutely have to do is keep breathing and stay awake. I'll keep talking to you to help with staying awake."

It turns out that a young cardiologist told me this morning that I was also having a kind of heat attack that doesn't register on an EKG. My eject factor had previously been in the 30-35% range and it is now in the 10-15% range. Friday's pictures show some recovery in the center of my heart; today's pictures are to see if there is any recovery on the peripheral of the heart.

If there is enough vital muscle left, bypass surgery may be an option. If not, my heart has always been bigger that what's in my chest and I'll keep on giving what I can give.

Oh, in the sw corner of the east parking lot here at at Loveless there is RV parking with full utilities for family/framily. Casa Maxwell has it's space waiting as well.

Bev and I thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. Keep them coming![VBG]

Bob.

Wow!  That's scary!  Glad you made it and that things seem to be looking up.  You and Bev are in our thoughts and prayers.

Hi Bob,

We are sorry to hear you are in the hospital and hope you will recover quickly. Be sure to take care of yourself. Being on line should help a little with any boredom you might experience. :)

Late yesterday (Tues, 3/14) I read this message from Bev which was forwarded by Liz. Apologies for delay in posting:

Bob went to the cath lab about a half hour ago to have a stent put  in.  Will probably have the icd done tomorrow or Wednesday.
Love, Bev

Howdy, Y'all.

Latest word I've received from Bev Maxwell is that Bob had 3 stents inserted. So far so good.  :D

Regards,
Liz
Regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce
1993 Wanderlodge WB40
Homesick Texans in Lantana, FL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation