Bob's New Used Rig and Whereabouts.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bob, ROTFL!!

The first time I was invited to Dinner -- I was 5 hours early.

At least you're making up for it in bits and pieces. Seem to recall when you arrived in QZ this January, you were invited to dinner, I mean supper, at 5 p.m. but you were still on CA time ;D  My, how time flies - when you cross state lines!

Well Bob  The gas here around the Phoenix is anywhere from $2.23 to $2.69.  At Safeway it's $.03 a gal. off if you have a Safeway card.  Good luck on your trip and I know you will enjoy the slide.

With the Safeway card you get a $.06/gallon discount if you have purchased $50 worth of groceries first.

Ned & Shayne:

Not only is the discount 6 cents a gallon, but the $50 purchases are cumulative.  We likely have enough of those purchases now to have a 6 cent a gallon discount for life.  ;D

Thanks for the tip Karl.  We go to Safeway so much it likely doesn't matter.  But next time I have a $100 purchase I will set up two carts and go through the line twice!  ;D ;D

Karl said:
Smoky,

One caveat: Regardless of how much over $50 you buy at one time, you only get one credit for the gas discount, so make your purchases as near to $50 increments as possible. And it doesn't include spirits.

Karl

But if the products are on sale, the regular price before the Club Card Discount is what is used to calculate the $50.

From the prices I've found at Safeway Foods, they are extremely high, so you are getting nothing.  I'm beginning to think SDafeway is a good place to be from,  AS FOR FROM AS POSSIBLE, EXCEPT FOR THE 3 CENT GAS DISCOUNT..

Bernie,

True, and worth knowing.

Shayne,

Also true, but If you pick your items carefully and choose those with a current "Member's Club" discount, it brings the price down near normal. Same can be said of Sam's, Costco, and other "clubs". Not everything is cheaper, so knowing what is a good value and what isn't is a must. 

City Market (Kroger) gives a 10-cent a gallon discount if you've spent $100 on groceries in the previous month. Of course, gas here in Cortez is now up to 2.589 so a 10-cent discount doesn't even bring it down to the national average.

Sounds like a pretty good price for Honolulu and only 7 cents more than our gas here which went up 20-cents in one shot last week. Our gas is now the same price as Vail which is notorious for having the highest gas in the continental US.

nWell Shayne, at least they are better than Fry's.  Do you shop at Albertson's?  We hit Safeway first, then go to Fry's to get a few things they don't have at Safeway, like single malts and sushi.  ;D

Don't know about anywhere else, but in southwest Colorado, Albertson's is the Highest priced grocery store.

And, Smoky, don't come to Colorado looking for alcohol in grocery stores....not allowed other than 3.2 beer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom