Bob's New Used Rig and Whereabouts.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Buchanan

Hello Everyone . . .

Sorry I've been out of touch for awhile -- and I appreciate those that have taken the time to hunt me down.? :)? After another great time in QZ with so many fine framily members, I headed to Gila Bend to do training and am now a Starband sub dealer for RV-SAT-LINK. It's nice to be working with Ron Brundage who many of us can thank for doing Internet Satellite despite the FCC horror stories of the first few years of this technology for the RVer. The toughest part was that I had to take several exams -- and I am "much" too old to take exams? :(

But the other bit of news is that I am now in a Class A MH again. It's so nice to live in a room vs. an aisle. Have been looking for some time now and while in GB, noticed an ad on the RV Trader On-Line. My favorite MH silhouette has always been the early '90's to '97 Adventurer or Suncruiser by Itasca. In fact, that silhouette was used for my business logo. This rig had the right floor plan, price, trade-in allowance and such that would leave me with plenty of room for me, "and" my business -- and, no monthly payment.

And to make things even nicer, the rig was in Round Rock, TX -- only a few miles from my sister's place in Austin. So -- after negotiating with the dealer on the phone in GB to the point of the only remaining item was a test drive, I stripped all of my add on stuff off the Tioga and headed to Round Rock. It's taken almost 2 weeks to close the deal, have the rig checked out, and transfer all my stuff but am now in my new home.

Richard Sharp -- thank you so much for giving so much feed back on the Adventurer/Suncruiser. And to Jerry F, Karl, Jim J. and the others that have helped with my trek to the right prior owned RV. Now if Ardra, Lorna, Chris and/or Sam won't mind helping me figure out how to drive this big puppy, I should be OK.? ;)

There are links here if you care to see pics of what I've been up to . . .

http://www.rvspacemanager.com/WhereIsRobert.htm

Congratulations Bob. With all that additional room will you need a GPS to find your self in that new rig? ??? ;D? Sam says its easy to drive a rig that size "Just point the front where you wanna go and all that what is behind you will follow right along.? No problem she says. ;D ;D

The last we talked in Gila Bend you mentioned you had found a possible replacement for the Tioga.? Is this the one you were considering at that time?? Looks good.? Hope you can bring it up to Sam's Camp this summer.

Congratulations on becoming a Starband Installer too.? I know what you mean about getting certified since I went through a similar class last year then again when the 7000 and 7700 came out.

WTG Bob! ?A lovely rig! ?We just checked out the pics on your web site. ?The interior looks like it is in spotless condition!

Bob,

Did you get my email?  Package is on the way for delivery on Thursday.

Bob:

Looks great, congratulations.

I assume it holds more water, gas, and propane? ;D ;D

Congratulations on your new rig.  I too like the sloped shape of the older MHs--we have a 1990 Winnebago Elandan.  However, this means that we live in an aisle rather than a room (to use your phrase); mind you, my wife and I have spent three and a half months in it at one time--without a fight or a cross word.

All the best.

Doug

Congratulations Bob!  I'm sure you'll have fun outfitting your new home.  Will you be doing the work at your sister's house or elsewhere?

Lou

Ron said:
Congratulations Bob. With all that additional room will you need a GPS to find your self in that new rig? ??? ;D? Sam says its easy to drive a rig that size "Just point the front where you wanna go and all that what is behind you will follow right along.? No problem she says. ;D ;D

The last we talked in Gila Bend you mentioned you had found a possible replacement for the Tioga.? Is this the one you were considering at that time?? Looks good.? Hope you can bring it up to Sam's Camp this summer.

Congratulations on becoming a Starband Installer too.? I know what you mean about getting certified since I went through a similar class last year then again when the 7000 and 7700 came out.

Thanks, Ron . . .

Yes, it's the rig I mentioned in GB. The dealer in Round Rock does cars, and this was his own RV. Worked out nice because he was able to do a trade-in plus was very helpful getting the rig to various outlets for check ups on components. He even took the Tioga across town to a US Gear outlet to have the braking system taken off for reinstall on the Winny.

Thank Sam for the advice. It fascinates me that so many women in our group drive super big rigs . . .

Karl said:
Alright Bob - Way to go!

Looks like you've got enough room to park the old "C" in the new bedroom ;D - or use that as your toad/office ::)

Look forward to seeing it and you!

Thanks, Karl. Yes, I actually got lost in the rig once and had to call my brother in law to find me.  :-[

What is your travel schedul now? I'll probably be heading West in a month or so . . .

Smoky said:
WTG Bob! ?A lovely rig! ?We just checked out the pics on your web site. ?The interior looks like it is in spotless condition!

Thanks, Smoky -- I appreciate your comments.

The mileage indicated an average of only around 4k a year -- so it's just getting broken in. The one pic of the forward area was off a bit on color balance -- the couch is actually a brown tone. Oh well . . .

Am reminded of how content you looked in your recliner -- so will probably replace the chair by the entry door with a smaller version.  :)

Ken & Sheila said:
Congratulations on the new rig!
Looks great. Enjoy the extra space.

take care

ken & sheila

Thanks so much . . .

Sheila, I actually started thinking about another feline friend a few nights ago. There's a PetCo close by that I visit that does rescues and such -- and several of them mentioned how much they would enjoy the RVing lifestyle.? :)

Ron from Big D said:
Looks great Bob.? Congratulations.? Now you can afford to get another Kitty.? ;D

Thanks, Ron. Perhaps I could afford a rescued stray  :), but for now, am having to do windshields on a corner here for extra cash . . .

Jeff /Washington said:
Bob:

Looks great, congratulations.

I assume it holds more water, gas, and propane? ;D ;D

Thank you, Jeff.

Yes, it does have larger tanks.  Fewer trips to the dump station -- but will not look forward to trips to the gas pumps now. The gas tank is 75 gallon times $2.19/gallon here in Austin. OhmyGOD .. I could buy an IPod for less than that.  :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom