Body Panel damaged

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

puckuss

After 4 wonderful RV trips this summer, I had my first bad moment when I experienced a blow out. Yeah my fault I new the tires needed to be replaced but I just needed to take the family on the last trip of the summer. So 10 miles west on I 70, BOOM!!!! I lost the Rt Ft tire of my dual axle 5th wheel. This took out my rear tire on the same side.
Now I need a fender skirt and a body panel for my 2007 keystone Montana. Any body know where I can get the body panel? Do I need to find a tinsmith and have one made, then paint to match? This  trailer is in such nice shape I would prefer to get OEM parts if possable.
Still a Newbie, but getting experienced quickly 

There's a web site http://www.rverscorner.com/RV_Salvage_by_state.html  you might be able to find something there.

Have you contacted Keystone or a Keystone dealer? Factory may still have panels available for a 2007.

Body shops that specialize in RVs, e.g. Mike's Collision in Wilmington, NC, know of places to get most anything like that. Either OEM or an alternate, including custom made.

Moparman,

As I have read many post here on this forum,  I have noticed that your explanation for blow-outs are vehicle speed. I can tell you that I was traveling 60mph, I'm not arguing that speed is sometimes a factor for high temperature in a tire. In this case I admit that I was running on borrowed time with a 2007 trail, with factory installed tires. Had I been going faster, I may have done more damage than just a plastic fender skirt, and bent aluminium body panel.

Thank you all for you helpful suggestions.

Ok. That's fine...

Just I find more and more people that are excessive with speed not as much here but other sites. This not the only site I work at. But you'll be surprise how often I find people way overloaded and travelling way too fast RV or utility trailers.

Lets say I've been doing my own testing of ST tires and learn a lot in the last 2-3 years about them.  ;)

Find a Montana dealer, you should be able to order the parts from them.  My parents had a blow out 3 years ago on their old 04 Jayco Designer 5er, they were only going maybe 40-45mph because of the rolling hills and somewhat tight corners, we were only about 10 miles behind them so I was the luck one that got to change the tire...  Dad ordered all the parts from the dealer (inner fender, fender skirt, and all the metal skirting behind the tire) they had all the parts in about 2 weeks, dad installed most of the stuff his self and I just gave him a hand aligning the big metal skirting.

Where are you located on I-70. South of the KC area, which covers the KC area also is A To Z Mobile RV service, they have a shop in Paola Kansas. I have work done on my fifth wheel there ( not body work.) and have seen where they has the rear clip of a fifth wheel off for body work.

There is also a shop East of KC the does collison work that advertises RV repaires.

Here is a link to fender skirts.
http://www.icondirect.com/categories/RV-Exterior-Parts/Fender-Skirts/?sort=featured&page=6

Go to a rv salvage place, they will have or can get a great used part for you. The stealers (dealers) will overcharge you and most body panels will get some damage in shipping.

Wayne

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strandy1978
Back
Top Bottom