Body work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.


Active member
Apr 4, 2006
Need a recommendation on what to use to repair broken plastic.  The rear of the RV hit a concrete pilon and punched the plastic corner edging.  The rounded corner edging is a about 2" in width and extends up to the roof.  Some sort of sandable filler is what I am looking for, then paint. 


PS Any recommendations on a brand name that will stick and not crack and fall off over time?


Well-known member
Mar 10, 2005
You can use fiberglas matting and resin to repair it. Just and it smooth, apply a think coat of resin and then imbed the matt in the resin and apply another coat. Do this a least a couple of times, letting it dry between applications. Then sand smooth and paint to match.
I've simplified the process for brevity here but it is a repair that anyone that is reasonably handy and takes their time can do.

Top Bottom