BOMBSHELL Royal interview!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

I just don't get it. Harry & Meghan seem like lovely people, but for the life of me I just don't get why people and the media seem so obsessed with all the details of their lives. All one of them has to do to get screaming headlines is fart in public or be seen in any kind of unguarded moment, and the press goes ballistic.

This seems to the norm in Great Britain, which I don't even pretend to understand, but obviously US media understands that their viewers can't get enough of the royal shenanigans so any detail of royal life that they can dig up is featured on their "news" shows.

Maybe it's just me... :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just me... :rolleyes:
Nope, not just you.......

Imo, it all has to do with sales and/or ratings. How else can we explain the popularity of the kind of garbage fed to us as entertainment on television, ie: Real Housewives, The Kardashians, just to name 2.

I lived in the UK for five years. Not all Brits are enamored with the royals. There was one local in the office that was infatuated with the Queen but the other three could have cared less. One of the Americans followed the royal family pretty closely but the rest of us not so much.

You need to pay more attention to RVing and less to frivolous biased news reports. It obviously gets your blood up , for what purpose.?? >>>Dan

I'm a deeply flawed person because I love scandalous gossip. Actually I watched the Oprah interview (GF insisted). Learned a lot about the royals and the restrictions imposed by the "Firm" which has great control over the Royal Family. I was shocked by the insensitivity and racism of the Firm.

I find it one of the less likable traits of Americans to be an infatuation with celebrities of any ilk. It's not all Americans, of course, but the media caters to those who read and [better yet] react. What is even more distressing [to me] is that many seem to go beyond that love of gossip and use them as an advisor or role model. But I'm not going to change many of my fellow Americans much, so I try to ignore it.

As far "The Firm" and Harry+ Meghan, I couldn't tell if there is outright bigotry or they just don't like her very much. Or whether perhaps Meghan is just a whiner. But I didn't watch the interview, so I'm just seeing media reports and those aren't very trustworthy either.

I am very proud of the fact that when in the checkout line looking at the rack of tabloids and magazines, I can't identify anyone on the cover.

Celebrity voyeurism isn't anything new. Anyone remember the "new" Camelot? There are plenty of people around to make this an "industry" - whether the "dream" that it could happen to me or the satisfaction of their warts, and falls proving they are "no better" than I.

My dad used to say, "Fools names and fools faces always appear in public places."

You need to pay more attention to RVing and less to frivolous biased news reports. It obviously gets your blood up , for what purpose.?? >>>Dan

Huh? "Blood up"?? "pay more attention to RVing???

T'was merely an observation and comment based on the fact that virtually all media outlets are devoting so much time to royal coverage.

For me personally, I could care less. Easy enough to tune out. For those interested in the goings on with the royal family, fine by me.

I'm fed up seeing it in the news.

One obnoxious tv journalist got the sack for saying he didn't believe her, after over 40000 complaints. People aren't allowed a different opinion nowadays. I dislike the guy, and didn't see his comments, but really..

I'm indifferent to the Monarchy, what I will say is you are only hearing one side of a story and its unlikely you will hear the other. Everyone jumping to conclusions as usual.

If the real problem is the attention and hateful journalism then surely it would have been much more dignified to say that. Yes they've had family disagreements like most families but the real problem is the behaviour and treatment they receive from the press. Keep your dirty linen to yourselves.

Jackie is bang on, I'm also indifferent to the Monarchy and Harry being born into it doesn't mean he has to sick it up anymore than us mortals. However, as it's always stated, you can't always have your cake and eat it, and I think Harry and Meghan thought it was an option.
Just my opinion and view.
TonyL

Having lived in the UK for 32 years, I can say that I'm not a Royalist per se, but I do hono(u)r the Queen. The interview with Harry & Meghan was interesting, but much less controversial than I expected. I didn't see a couple pleading for financial or other support. I found the interview both interesting and enlightening.

I found it wonderfully amazing that Tyler Perry offered his home and security to the couple and their family.

Jymbee,, You act disinterested, but it was you who started out with BOMBSHELL!
As an attention getter.>>>Dan

Dan,

Tell me you're just kidding, right?? Perhaps I should have inserted a couple of those smiley or rolling eyes emojis...

What is an example of sarcasm?
Sarcasm is an ironic or satirical remark tempered by humor. Mainly, people use it to say the opposite of what's true to make someone look or feel foolish. For example, let's say you see someone struggling to open a door and you ask them, "Do you want help?" If they reply by saying, "No thanks.

much less controversial than I expected. I didn't see a couple pleading for financial or other support. I found the interview both interesting and enlightening.
They perceived a problem that impacted their lives and decided to get out. Didn't ask for any special treatment either. Harry chose to support his wife over the family Firm too, which is as it should be. Those are all a plus in my book. So yeah, interesting that the Royals have the same kinds of family personal and business issues that the rest of us do, but hardly earth-shaking.

I will admit to watching "The House of Windsor" series or whatever it was called. I am very interested in the historical aspects of things.

It was telling that the Royal Family reached out to the BBC to specifically request they add a disclaimer that it was fiction... Some things probably hit too close...

Like changing the name of the family itself to sever the German connection, or the cousins with genetic issues shuffled off to hidden places...

The number one purpose of the Monarchy is to perpetuate the Monarchy. Fascinating to look at from afar. From my seat the idea that "God" chose this family to rule everyone else is preposterous... It does create a pretty good excuse to invade a whole bunch of other countries, convert them and then rule them too, though...

"Don't worry God sent us here to improve your lives..."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom