Boston to Myrtle Beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you consider best? I am from the Boston area.

Going to Daytona…
For me, best is to avoid NYC, Philly, DC etc so I go Mass pike to I84 all the way to Scranton, then I81 to I77 just after Christianburg and south …

for you, just after Fancy Gap in I77, take I74 down to I95 and you are just north of Myrtle Beach.

An alternative is at Staunton VA on I81, take I64 to Richmond and I95 south.

Depends on your tolerance to huge traffic jams, 4 & 5 lane highways etc.

Oh, one time I went through MD on I95 hauling a trailer using ezpass, I got a $50 ticket from MD for not paying extra for the trailer. I don’t go to MD anymore except for the short stretch on I81.

Last October, we took 95 all the way down to FL. We did it on a Saturday and left NH around 4:30 AM. No problems at all going thru all the big cities including NY. We weren’t towing this year so that made it easier. I use to always take 84 to 81 to 64 to 268 (I believe)and back on 95. It would add about 8 hrs to our trip going that way

Or... I-95 to I-287 to the Tappan Zee (Cuomo) Bridge, to I-95 to I-195 to I-295 to the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Then US-13 to DE-1 to Route 301 south. From there, either Route 50 to I-495 then south, or stay on 301 all the way to I-295 in Richmond (which is my preference).

Avoid NYC, Philly, Baltimore and DC.

Back
Top Bottom