Brakes and Shocks- RoadTrek Popular 210

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Determined007

I own a 2017 Road Trek Popular 210. with 60K miles, but the problem started about 48K miles
You would step on the brakes when going down mountain passes and the RV would start to vibrate. slowing down from 65 it shook so violently that I thought I would lose control. I just tapped the brakes to try and slow down. Once I got to level ground the vibrating stopped and the brakes functioned normal.
I replaced ALL the rotors with Delco Slotted rotors (NO HOLES) and Centric premium brake pads.
The RV brakes now work like a charm.
The other thing that surprised me is how fast the original shocks went bad. It was about the same time the brakes started acting up. It creeps up slowly so you don't notice until one day it seems like you have a bounce house.
I replaced the shocks with Monroe Gas Magnum shocks for trucks. One pair cost about $76, the other $90 or so.
What a difference these two changes made. RV rides and handles better than new
Hope this helps someone else with similar problems.

Yes, warped rotors is very common if the operator is riding the brakes going down hills for example. Cheap material, driving with your left foot on the brake pedal can also be causes. As for shocks? OE shocks have never been noted for being the best. Your lucky you got 48K miles out of them with the weight your carrying.

That was what was crazy. Never rode the brakes. Just tapped them to try to slow down and it immediately started to shake. Never stopped. Was able to eventually slow down and stop. Went real slow till hit level ground.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom