Brand New Furrion 12V Fridge Not Cooling!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karen Morris

I purchased a 2022 (new) Reflection 367BHS 5th wheel and it was delivered to my site on August 3rd. It was plugged into shore power at that point. This will be stationary and my primary residence. I went to the site today (Aug 5) to become familiar with all of the appliances, etc. When the unit was delivered I noticed that the lights and display were working on the fridge but I wasn't there long enough to check for cooling. Lo and behold, not cooling. I read the manual from front to back - tried changing all of the cooling functions - tried changing it to low power mode and then back to normal but nothing worked. This is a Furrion FCR16DCASA-SS 16 cuft side x side residential style fridge and unit has been connected to 50 amp shore power for almost 3 days. This unit has not been used!!!! I'm suspecting that the fridge never worked and it wasn't caught on PDI. Does anyone have thoughts or advice? Waiting for service tech on Monday but if there's something else I can try, I would appreciate it. Oh, I also have 165 watts solar power if that makes any difference. Help!

This is a compressor type of refrigerator so should have cooled to normal operating temperatures in about 4 hours. Since you said that you have been studying the manual I will assume that you have this one and are reading it? I suggest that since it is new you need to call the dealer for warranty work as dong anything yourself might jeprodize that warrany.

This is a compressor type of refrigerator so should have cooled to normal operating temperatures in about 4 hours. Since you said that you have been studying the manual I will assume that you have this one and are reading it? I suggest that since it is new you need to call the dealer for warranty work as dong anything yourself might jeprodize that warrany.
Thank you for the reply. As I stated, I have been reading the manual and yes, that is the manual. It would be rather silly for me to be reading another manual right? Again, as I stated I have already called the dealer and booked a service tech. I was hoping that someone might have had a similar situation with this fridge and it was a simple fix that did not jeopardize the warranty. Thanks anyway.....

Stupid Question . . . Are the controls inside set on?? I know on my residental refer the light will come on even though cooling is turned off on the inside controls.

When the unit was delivered I noticed that the lights and display were working on the fridge but I wasn't there long enough to check for cooling.

Lights are not indicative of a working refrigerator, you need your ears. For the refrigerator to cool you need the compressor to run and the condenser fan to also run. These is on the outside so if don't hear the compressor and fan running, then it's not cooling. Next, with the compressor and fan are running, there is another fan running inside the refrigerator, this one carries cold air from the evaporator (in the guts of the fridge). When you open the fridge door, you should hear the fan running and air coming out of the inside vents.

What do you hear?

Stupid Question . . . Are the controls inside set on?? I know on my residental refer the light will come on even though cooling is turned off on the inside controls.
No controls on the inside - all on the door. Here is a link to the actual fridge and you can see the digital dislay on the front right side. Those functions and controls work.

Lights are not indicative of a working refrigerator, you need your ears. For the refrigerator to cool you need the compressor to run and the condenser fan to also run. These is on the outside so if don't hear the compressor and fan running, then it's not cooling. Next, with the compressor and fan are running, there is another fan running inside the refrigerator, this one carries cold air from the evaporator (in the guts of the fridge). When you open the fridge door, you should hear the fan running and air coming out of the inside vents.

What do you hear?
Nothing. All I said is that I noticed the lights were working when it was delivered. There is no noise - no compressor or fan running that I or anyone else can hear.

Let us know what the final outcome is.

I think it's really good that they are sending somebody to your RV rather than making you bring it in for repair.

What did they say when you asked them about that?
The tech didn't seem to know anything about them which is not confidence inspiring. They are coming on Monday to look at it. You seem to know something about fridges... I found this is a forum - what are your thoughts? Might it be something as simple as a failsafe being triggered?

What do you hear?
Thoughts on this possible solution? Furrion 12V fridge - light and compressor on but not cooling - Grand Design Owners Forums

Just remember that it is possible that the defrost timer is on when you reset everything. After you reset the refrigerator, wait at least 20 minutes to see if it exits defrost and hen you'll hear the compressor start. Most likely, it is not in defrost and you'll know right away.

I just fixed my residential refrigerator this last week so I'm pretty up to speed on this stuff.

If it is a 12vDC fridge, Just make sure your trailer has a battery in it. The converter (turns your 110 AC voltage into 12vdc voltage) might power things, but might not run everything 12vDC without a battery. Good luck

Also have your brother in law make sure the battery is new, our new camper was delivered with old batteries, the dealer sent out a tech to install new ones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom