Branson - Need RV campsite recommendation for thanksgiving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sheff99

Hi all.

The family (wife, grandma, 4 kids) are taking the RV to Branson over the thanksgiving school
break.  We've never been there before so could really use some recommendations.  Here
are the details:

* 4 kids are young (3,4,7,8)
* grandma's 61 so would probably enjoy some of the shows, though the wife and I (37/41)
  so probably not much into Andy William's shows (no offence to anyone) but will like go to something.
  Point is, this is not the priority, so better site is more important.
* idea spot would be spacious with room for the kids to roam and places to explore and
  we don't feel stacked on top of others.  And beautiful so we can sit and watch kids play
  have coffee, and ...well...you know... RELAX! 
*  I've a big rig (38' TT w/ Excursion) so needs to have big spaces.  Preferably sewer hook up
    but not a requirement.  Parks for kids a big plus.  Cost is not an object (not to hard to say for RV sites  ;))

I've searched on 'branson' so have some info on other things to do but feel free to chime in
on something other than a site recommendation if it's a "don't miss" item.

Thanks in advance for any RV park recommendations.

Happy camping,
Sheff

You've got tough requirements and a tough time of year to get a spot. I'd suggest looking through these until someone else responds.

http://rvparkreviews.com/regions/Missouri/Branson.html

I've stayed at ABC and what is now the KOA  http://www.chastainsrvpark.com/  and they are not up to your requirements although not bad parks as things in Branson go.

Don't know if you are RPI but you might want to check out Fall Creek.  We spent a week there and it was very nice.  If not RPI might want to still check them out, they also take C to C.
Cheryl

Don't remember the Name of the Campground, but it is directly behind the Titanic Theater.  ll back onm slots and can handle 65', for us,MH and trailer, at the bottom of the hill.  Very nice place, nice people and extremely convienent.  No Reservation was needed.  Next time we return there, we'll stay again/  If I remember correctly, and that in itself can be a poroblem, (Right Tom?  LOL) the price was 32 bucks a night.  Walked up the hill and saw the Gaylords revue  Great performance.  Good Luck.

This time of year ... for the kids I would recommend Compton Ridge. 

It's been years since we actually camped there, but Fall Creek is a good campground.

There's also a campground over near Silver Dollar City called "Silver Dollar City Campground.  I don't know if it's affiliated with the theme park or not. We've never stayed there, but my wife's youngest brother uses it fairly often.  They have annual passes to Silver Dollar City.

Silver Dollar City can be a fun place to go for young and old. At Thanksgiving time, they should be into their Christmas shows.  We went  a few years back. There was been an early snowfall and it was absolutely beautiful. It had been over 20 years since we had been any place where there was snow and "Christmas" celebrations at the same time.  I'm pretty sure that was in November 2001. We stayed at one of the member "motel" style suites at Fall Creek that trip.

Thanks to all for the leads and insights!!  I'll check them all out.

Have any of you tried Google Earth?  It is truly amazing.  I went and snooped around
Branson.  I was able to spot several RV parks from the satelite photos.

When I first downloaded it, I spent hours going all over Europe, Grand Canyon, Statue of Liberty,
Mt. St. Helena, Hawaiii, ...  Amazing.

BTW, I don't work for google or know anyone that does.  You can get Earth free at googles webpage.

-sheff

I live 2 hours from Branson and have 2 kids (6 and 10) that love to rv.? There are lots of campgrounds to choose from.? We've visited 3 in the last 2 years (about 6 or 7 different trips).? Of those, we like Table Rock State Park the best.? Campground 2 has several sites with sewer.? Those sites have woods directly behind them with trails you can take for a short walk to the lake.? My kids love the trails as well as skipping rocks, fishing, etc at the lake.? There is also a nice playground a few steps away.

Drawbacks:? No wi-fi, no cable tv (we don't care...get enough tv at home).

You're rig's 10 feet longer than mine, but the sites are pretty big...I bet you'll have room.? You'll want to check it out yourself to make sure.

Here's the link if you want to check it out.
Table Rock State Park

BTW, Silver Dollar City just recently opened a new section with several "family" rides.? That makes it more enjoyable for the kids.? We spent most of our time there on our last visit.

Hope you have a fun trip!

Brad

Sheff,

I just noticed campground 2 at Table Rock State Park is going to have some work done.  I want to retract my recommendations in the previous post.  Maybe next trip.

Brad

Back
Top Bottom