Branson Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceinFL

What's the hot ticket for campgrounds in Branson this year? Any good PA parks? Would like to be close but not in a parking lot.

Thanks

Bruce,  Just last month we stopped in Branson with our Freight train 65' long and we were able to park in the RV Park directly behind the new Titanic.  Sorry can't remember the name, nice people and handled oour rig with ease.  Clean Restroom and showers.  31 bucks a night  Park near the top of the hill if possible. Long exhausting walk fromthe bottom.  Right in the midst of everything.  See the Platters performance  - Great -  Oldies is also good .  Enjoy  sorry I can't be of more assistance  Age has a mind of it's own.

BruceinFL said:
What's the hot ticket for campgrounds in Branson this year? Any good PA parks? Would like to be close but not in a parking lot.

Thanks

Bruce,

If you're an Escapee there is a SKP park there. Turkey Creek RV Village. I think it's listed under Hollister, Mo in the directories. We've stayed there twice. Nice park.

There is also a nice Corp of Engineer park right on Table Rock Lake at Indian Point, a few miles outside of town. Indian Point Campground is the name (original, huh?).  Thereare several commercial campgrounds on the same road. If you have a Golden Age or Golden Access card, it's $8.50 night for full hook-up. $17 otherwise.

Well, based on the feedback I got from several sources we decided to try America's Best Campground in Branson. Have only been here a 1/2 day but so far it doesn't come close to America's best. Sites are gravel, narrow and very close together, not all level. It does have free cable and free wifi though...and the people seem nice. Price is right. With the veterans/Good Sam /cash or check discount of 15%, we got a full hookup site for $20/nite.

Should have gone to the COE that Gary suggested.

My experience is that anything named or described as "America's Best..." isn't. Maybe they set my expectations too high when they say that, but I am inevitable disappointed.

Bruce while you are there look at  the one behind the Titanic as I suggested earlier.

We've never gone wrong with a Corp of Engineers campground.....well, except the time we stopped in Kansas and they weren't opening until the next day.

What's the 'veteran's' discount? Never had any campground offer us a veteran's discount. Do we get double since we're both vets?

BruceinFL said:
Well, based on the feedback I got from several sources we decided to try America's Best Campground in Branson. Have only been here a 1/2 day but so far it doesn't come close to America's best. Sites are gravel, narrow and very close together, not all level. It does have free cable and free wifi though...and the people seem nice. Price is right. With the veterans/Good Sam /cash or check discount of 15%, we got a full hookup site for $20/nite.

Should have gone to the COE that Gary suggested.

ABC has received the top rating in GS surveys for last several years, I think the driver is the way they handle rallies. The rally facilities are good and they staff does an excellent job of helping make sure meetings , meals and entertainment go off smoothly. Thus folks when voting or thinking about a fun experience think ABC.

wendycoke said:
What's the 'veteran's' discount? Never had any campground offer us a veteran's discount. Do we get double since we're both vets?
Nice try, but no cigar.  ;D There's a 10% discount with Good Sam or if military/vet. Additional 5% if pay by cash or check. BTW, Branson is having another Military Welcome Home this year starting June 11 I believe. This one hasn't been publicized as much as the one last year. There is one day with a 10 hour entertainment program. I'll get more info and post it.

Back
Top Bottom