Break light on tow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you talking about brake light(s) on the motorhome or on a towed vehicle? If it's a towed vehicle, a lot depends on how it's wired, whether you have tied in to the original light set on the towed vehicle or whether you have an outboard set of lights. A bit more detail would help someone give you some help, since few of us know that rig, and none of us can see what you are towing or how you are hooked up.

If using a WBO factory plug on the rear, go to this link and drill down thru year and model and submodel to find the wiring diagram and installation drawings for your model. The install drawings will show where the fuse panels are located, unless it is something provided by the chassis mfg. (they may show that too)

Wiring Diagrams

Have 2008 Winnebago Adventure rear gas and need t to find fuse.
It would help to know for sure what chassis you have, but it is probably on a Ford, F53. I'm not sure what you mean by "rear gas" but I'm sure that you don't have a gasoline engine pusher. The F53 chassis has 2 fuse panels, one next to the engine and the other blow the dash. They both have fuses related to towing and you can get a copy of the fuse panels with listing of what each fuse is here.

If it is rear gas engine as stated in the first message, it has to be the Workhorse UFO chassis, but I didn't think the Adventurer ever used that. Nor was it available in 2006 as far as I can find in the Workhorse chassis documents. The biggest 2006 Adventurer is on the Workhorse W24 chassis and that is front engine gas.
My mistake - misread the year as 2006 rather than 2008. The 2008 Adventurer brochure lists front gas engines only but the Adventure Limited 37PG & 39PG had the Workhorse UFO chassis.

The chassis type alters the fuse locations because much of the chassis wiring is at the rear rather than up front on the firewall. Brake pedal switch, however, is still up front.

Last edited:
Are you talking about brake light(s) on the motorhome or on a towed vehicle? If it's a towed vehicle, a lot depends on how it's wired, whether you have tied in to the original light set on the towed vehicle or whether you have an outboard set of lights. A bit more detail would help someone give you some help, since few of us know that rig, and none of us can see what you are towing or how you are hooked up.
Tied into rear lighting on tow. Factory plug on the coach.
Lights on coach work fine and on tow I have everything but break light

Welcome to the forum. We can probably help you by you helping us by answering every question that gets asked.

Are you sure it's a fuse or just hoping it's an easy fix? Tow plug brake light fusesaren't a common failure. Have you tested the brake light pin on the Winnebago installed plug at the rear of the coach? And if no voltage at the pin, checked the wire at the back of the plug? Could be as simple as a dirty pin.

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with that chassis (it's rather rare). Pushers typically have a fuse and relay panel mounted somewhere near the engine compartment and tow light circuits/fuses located there.

It would help to know for sure what chassis you have, but it is probably on a Ford, F53. I'm not sure what you mean by "rear gas" but I'm sure that you don't have a gasoline engine pusher. The F53 chassis has 2 fuse panels, one next to the engine and the other blow the dash. They both have fuses related to towing and you can get a copy of the fuse panels with listing of what each fuse is here.
Winnebago Adventure Limited
Workhorse, model 2008 WPG37GL
gas engine in the rear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom