Breaker box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

signcut

So, I have a fifth wheel that has a breaker box located on the back wall, inside an end table between two chairs. What I'm wondering is if anyone has ever decided to move this, and how much of a hassle it is. I'd prefer to build/put a sofa on that wall, but depending on cost/effort, I can live with it...

signcut said:
So, I have a fifth wheel that has a breaker box located on the back wall, inside an end table between two chairs. What I'm wondering is if anyone has ever decided to move this, and how much of a hassle it is. I'd prefer to build/put a sofa on that wall, but depending on cost/effort, I can live with it...
On mine, it think would be a nightmare. My box has all the breakers for the 110 Volt Stuff and all the fuses for the 12 Volt Stuff

There are a lot of wires that would have to be removed, re-wired, lengthened & shortened not to mention cutting walls.  IMHO better left as is and make a new plan.

Gizmo said:
There are a lot of wires that would have to be removed, re-wired, lengthened & shortened not to mention cutting walls.  IMHO better left as is and make a new plan.

Kinda what I figured...

Back to the drawing board, dadgummit.

Rene T said:
On mine, it think would be a nightmare. My box has all the breakers for the 110 Volt Stuff and all the fuses for the 12 Volt Stuff

I thought as much, but since I don't know squat about electrical stuff, I figured best to ask.

Let me put it to you this way.  I've been a Journeyman Electrician since 1980 and I would have to be absolutely desperate to tackle what you are wanting or thinking about doing.  It's not that I couldn't do it, but to me, the amount of work involved and the return on it just wouldn't be worth it.  If you have little to zero knowledge about electrical, then it becomes a "snowball's chance in heel" that I'd attempt it.

xrated said:
Let me put it to you this way.  I've been a Journeyman Electrician since 1980 and I would have to be absolutely desperate to tackle what you are wanting or thinking about doing.  It's not that I couldn't do it, but to me, the amount of work involved and the return on it just wouldn't be worth it.  If you have little to zero knowledge about electrical, then it becomes a "snowball's chance in heel" that I'd attempt it.

Oh, believe me, it would be something that I would have someone else do! When I was a little kid, I stuck a butter knife in a wall socket; the results were not pretty; I was knocked out for a few seconds (I think), there was a fairly large scorch mark on the wall, and breakers were tripped. Plus, my dad was mad as heck about it, and that wasn't pretty either... So, since then, I have had a healthy fear/respect for electricity, and generally don't do much fiddling around with it.    :p

Back
Top Bottom