Breaking News "Fires"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colleenfl

I just heard on breaking news from CNN on the fires spreading in California.
Slient Valley RV Resort in Banning California that I think they said 400 RV's are stuck inside with the fires moving in and the fires have the only entrance to get in our out blocked.

My heart and prayers go out to each of you and hope for your safety.

Best of Luck
Colleen

Fox New still reporting 400 still trapped in the RV park. If anyone has any updates or has heard from anyone that is in this park it would be nice to hear how all are holding up.

Thoughts and prayers are with all who are stuck in the RV park along with their family and friends.

Stay safe

Colleen

I just checked this on Google News.  It's an arson started fire.  There are 4 dead firefighters and 400 people in the RV park.  The authorities are asking them to stay where they are... "the 400 people who were trapped inside Silent Valley RV park threatened by the Esperanza Wildfire are safe, according to Riverside County Fire Department Capt. Julie Hutchinson. "They are safe. It may be a bit smoky but they are fine. They are not in harm's way," she said."

Just saw it on ABC News also.

Mike
Thanks for the update glad you got word on how they are doing. News said flames and smoke are keeping them trapped inside the park with no way out.

Keep us posted please.

John In Detroit said:
You said it's an arson fire...... I sure hope they catch the person(s) responsible and put their feet (And the rest of them) to the fire.

John. with four dead already that ain't arson, it is murder one with special circumstances.  There is a needle out there waiting for someone.

Regards,

Carl L/LA

colleenfl said:
Mike
Thanks for the update glad you got word on how they are doing. News said flames and smoke are keeping them trapped inside the park with no way out.

The news I just read said there are firefighters in the park now -- and also that they "should" be safe. However, that location is not good in terms of evacuation. I stayed in a park several times just a mile or south of the 10 out of Banning on CA243. From that park the view south is straight up the moutain on a double switch back 2 lane road. Over the crest is Silent Valley RV Resort. So the only way South or North out of there is on 243. The park is about 10 miles South of Banning.

It's a very large and beautiful park as you can see from the pictures here on their website. Actually, it's only about 1/2 full as I think it will accommodate over 800 rigs total. Crews have been arriving all day and they plan to fight this fire all night. Last I read or heard, it was only 5% contained.

Thanks to others if you hear and post more news . . .

Edit 10:52PM: If you're following the news on Yahoo or Google, it appears the park was a safe place to be. Several years ago they built a fire break that has protected it. Residents of the near by town went to the park as a haven. Last I read, they were told it was OK to return to their homes from the park as the fire moved to the West. RVers were asked to stay in the park so as to not clog the roads in and out.

Bob

That is exactly what I heard and read. I know they were supposed to be packed this weekend for their Halloween weekend events.
It would be much worse if everyone got on the road and if it is uphill (mountain) that could be more catostrophic then staying put.

Thanks for the update.

Colleen

Back
Top Bottom