Brinck's Arrived at Suncrest - Moses Lake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Nancy & I arrived at Suncrest RV Resort in Moses Lake, WA yesterday. Met the owners (Lisa & Rick) and our fellow workampers, all of whom did their utmost to make us welcome and feel like part of a family.  Seems like  a very friendly and outgoing group and they kid around a lot. Everybody has  a good sense of humor - Hooray!  ;D

The park is very pretty and splendidly maintained and, though close to I90, quiet as well.  That may change when mid-summer arrives, because they apparently get a lot of families with kids around the summer holidays. The triple pool, huge spa and kids water slide probably make it attractive. Our site is close to the wifi antenna, so internet service is great.

See www.suncrestresort.com

We haven't seem much of the town yet but Moses Lake appears like  a nice place as well. Has a Walmart, so it at least meets minimum requirements  :D  Grand Coulee dam, the Wenatchee apple growing region and several other lakes and some state parks are all within a days drive from here, so we can travel around a bit too.  We think we are going to be happy here for the summer! 

By the way, it's a Passport America and Good Sam park, so come up and see us.

It looks like a very nice campground.  Enjoy your summer.

Gary,

Glad you folks arrived safely. If we come north this summer, we'll be looking you up.

Gary:

We spent a night at Suncrest last July on our way back to western Washington from Maine.

Nice park but the temperature was 101 degrees the afternoon we arrived. Should be quite a change from Camden. ;D ;D

Yeah, they get a some hot days here in mid-summer. I looked at the weather histroiy before we came, though, and there did not appear to be all that many days above low 90's. Had them in Maine too and it was humid there. It should be much drier here and therefore easier to bear.  Supposedly there is always a breeze too - will have to wait and see.

Glad to hear you guys arrived safe and the place and the folks are nice.  Jeanette and I leave for Newfoundland on monday June 19. I have to take the
cat to the Vet today and then we will be ready to go.

Dave

Looks like a very nice park, and the rates are darn decent too! Which site are you in?

We are on site #75, Karl. Thinking of coming this way for a visit?

See all those swimming pools on the park map? 3 pools, a water slide and a huge spa (hot tub)?  That's my domain.

RV Roamer said:
We are on site #75, Karl. Thinking of coming this way for a visit?

See all those swimming pools on the park map? 3 pools, a water slide and a huge spa (hot tub)?? That's my domain.

Hard life, isn't it?? Of course, that's a lot of pools to clean.

Takes me from 6:30 a.m. until around 10 or 10:30, depending on how dirty they are.  Windy days can blow a surprising amount of stuff in the water.  That includes doing the state-required water quality tests, adding chemicals, etc.

RV Roamer said:
Takes me from 6:30 a.m. until around 10 or 10:30, depending on how dirty they are.? Windy days can blow a surprising amount of stuff in the water.? That includes doing the state-required water quality tests, adding chemicals, etc.

Ah, but once you're done with all that, you can just fall right in and cool off.

That hasn't been necessary so far - or even a good idea!  Morning temps have been in the 50's!  Although the spa remains in the 96-100 degree range, regardless. 

Gary:  Finally stayed online with the wifi here to look at Suncrest.  Nice place.  It's on my to-do list. 

Have you developed any points of interest to relate?  How's shopping?  Heard of any off road bike trails?

--pat

This is major league farming country and Moses Lake is a nice but small town - about 16,000 folks.  Not a lot to see and do, but big enough to have a Super Walmart, Home Depot, etc. and a dozen restaurants plus the usual fast food places.  There are quite a few lakes in the area (besides Moses Lake itself), large and small, so fishing is a major recreation around here.  The geology of the Columbia Basin area is kind of fascinating if you are into that sort of thing. The salient facet of the geology is the Grand Coulee, a canyon about 50 miles long, 1-3 miles wide and up to 600 feet deep, formed when a glacier era ice dam broke and flooded eastern Wasington with 500 cubic miles (!) of water. Fascinating story!  The Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River, about 70 miles north of here, is a  worth seeing. It's the largest concrete structure in North America and forms a lake 150 miles long. Every night during the summer they have a narrated, 37 minute laser light show which is played on the surface of the water as it rushes over the dam. Pretty cool and worth seeing!! 

Just west of here is the premier apple growing region, around Wenatchee. The State Apple Commission has  a small but interesting info center there that we enjoyed - learned more about growing apples than we ever could have imagined! Other fruits and veggies are grow abundantly in the region as well - we are now enjoying fresh Bing cherries and peaches & pears are expected soon. Apples will be later, around September.

The main attraction of this part of the world is the fact that they have over 300 days of sunshine per year and only about 10 inches of rainfall.  The folks from western Washington, e.g. Seattle, come here to dry out and get a tan.

Gary:? Very interesting stuff.? I'm interested in what I hear is good bicycling around Wenatchee.?

Perverted as it sounds, I prefer the clouds and rain here in W. Washington.? However, Suncrest is definitely on my to-do list.? I think I'll end each summer with at least a month in a different park on the way back to AZ.? Wonder what Moses Lake is like in October.? Probably cooling off.?

--pat

Wenatchee has some beustiful public Rv campgrounds - city or county parks.  There's one right in Wenatchee where the two rivers meet (Confluence Park - overlooks the confluence of the rivers) and another on the north sde of town.  Pretty area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom