British New guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

takeaflight

Hi everyone my names Roy and I live in Stratford-upon-Avon England I have a German Hymer Rv what we would call a Motorhome For the last five years spent alot of time in Florida. Just so you guys know there is more and more American RV's appearing here, however for us we encounter two problems one is size on our roads and the other is fuel consumption with us paying nearly 7 dollars a gallon.

Have a happy holiday and a great New Year

Attachments

• hymer.jpg
    hymer.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 23

Jim Johnson

I believe I met and talked with you at Rainbow Springs State Park campgrouind several years ago.  Or maybe someone with the same  type of motorhome.

Tom

Administrator
Hi Roy and welcome. I haven't seen a Hymer, but it looks like it would be more practical and economic than a larger coach.

I continue to be amazed at how many Brits buy large class A coaches and ship them back to the UK.

takeaflight

Hi Jim sadly not me and Tom yes and they seem to be getting more popular however there is something more romantic about driving accross the States, Route 66 and all that

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
Hi Roy,

Welcome to the RV Forum. I don't recall seeing a Hymer.  Glad you found us.  Any chance you will traveling to the western US?

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Hi Roy,

Welcome to the forum! I have seen a Hymer here in the states but never got a really good look at it. Terry Nathan, one of our European members, used to own a Hymer. He now has a Vario Perfect.

We were in Stratford upon Avon in 2001. It was a great visit and I really enjoyed watching the barges go through the locks.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Hi Roy,

I wish we could do that but the trip was one in a lifetime. Of course, we'll be happy to stop by if we ever win the lotto!!! :)

Top Bottom