Broken cruise control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

condorman

My cruise control died last year and I can't even find the fuse for it. I have a 1986 Ford Van Econoline 150. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else could be the problem if it is not the fuse?
Thanks
Tom

This may sound like a stupid question but how is your Dash Air? 

Now the reason.. ON my car (A Chevy, DANA Cruise control) the air started acting funkey, And the cruise control would not hold speed well, (Air conditioner not only cut out on acceleration but air flow changed to defrost)

Turned out to  a bad solenoid on the Cruise, vacuum leak

I have owned the van for 4 years and the air never worked. The belt isn't hooked up. The cruise control worked the first three years.

Ok  The reason for asking about the AC was to find if strange things were happening with air flow during acceleration.

As i said, vacuum leaks can cause cruise not to work,  On my car the leak affected cruise and air-flow on AC

Tom, I have a '94 RV on an F-53 chassis. My cruise quit working on a trip. I found that the switches under the buttons in the center of the steering wheel were corroded and dirty. They are just"U"shaped copper legs that contact a copper plate when you push the button that completes the circuit. I cleaned the contact plate and the tips of the "U" shaped pieces and lubed them with some copper paste and they have been working now for about four years.

Jerry

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom