Bug Screens on the Refer vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry Dial

Do you have bug screens on your refrigerator vents? I bought a new Solitude with a norcold  refrigerator, the dealer recommended bug screes for all of the vents including the refrigerator. Norcold  is now  telling me that is not a good idea as it affects( restricts)  the airflow. We have been working on this for a month. I removed the screens this afternoon and we will see what happens.   

My reefer has screen on the bottom vent but it came that way.

Screen WILL have a effect on air flow, But it would depend on if the vent was over-sized to start with.

Yes, bug screens on not only the refer vents, but both furnaces and the water heater.  When I bought the coach, I lived in mud dauber country.
Now I camp in the Sierra's and all the locals tell me the little birds will try and make nests in these openings.  Either way, I'm covered now.

yes....and I really need to get back to the storage lot and replace a zip tie or two I noticed last time had come loose holding them in place.

I honestly can't understand why all of these things don't just have screens from their manufacturers

I honestly can't understand why all of these things don't just have screens from their manufacturers
Because they aren't needed everywhere and RV manufacturers will do anything to save a couple bucks?  Seriously, many RVers never install screens and seldom or never have bug problems.  Myself included.  In 20 years of RVing, I've had one mud dauber nest in the fridge LP burner.  I've had more problems with birds nesting behind the front cap and mice/rats/squirrels finding gaps to crawl through to the interior.

Back
Top Bottom