Buh Bye Dish DNS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrschwarz

For those of your that get distant locals from Dish Network, think again. In a small token of thanks for your loyal support, they have given you 10 days to find another method to receive broadcast network affiliates. They suggest All American Direct. No comment on the $5 per month fee and what happens to it.

I believe this is the formal notification that Dish DNS customers received. Dish just reestablished their DNS after being prohibited by the FCC for several years, so I wonder what is wrong now?  Comments in a few other threads about Dish DNS lead me to believe that they still were not enforcing the FCC rules properly, but I haven't seen any notice of FCC action against them.

As of November 15th, DISH will no longer broadcast Los Angeles and New York distant network channels to recreational vehicle or commercial vehicle customers.

If you wish to continue receiving distant network channels, we recommend that you contact All American Direct (AAD), a separate company not associated with DISH. AAD offers distant networks from San Francisco and New York in SD to recreational vehicle or commercial vehicle owners. You can still use your current equipment, so there is nothing to buy or upgrade.

To get more information or sign up, contact All American Direct by visiting mydistantnetworks.com or calling 1-800-921-9677.

Thank you for being a valued DISH customer.

We never switched our DNS from All American Direct back to Dish so I'm sitting here watching NY, SF, and Denver channels (but not all at the same time). BTW, I think we're paying something like $14 for AAD.

The good news is they brought back AMC :)

Wendy

I recommend switching to DirecTV because it provides the DNS networks without a secondary supplier.

ArdraF

I have a Kingdome and at the moment, I'm not willing to spend the money required to get HD. I guess I am going to stay with Dish. I will try using the locals where ever I am. If that doesn't work, I'll become a 'Valued AAD' customer.

ArdraF said:
I recommend switching to DirecTV because it provides the DNS networks without a secondary supplier.

ArdraF

Ardra:

Nope but we are paying $20 a month  for DNS. ::)

We have a package that includes East and West coast HD plus PBS and CW. I am not sure it is still offered.

True, but what led me away from DirecTV for my rig is their policy of not allowing more than 2 disconnects or suspensions of service per year. For those of us who are not full-timers, their policy gets very expensive. The Pay-As-You-Go plan from Dish made more sense. I signed up (via fax) yesterday with All American Direct, $15/mo for 4 networks, both coasts, SD only, and had a confirmation phone call from them within 6 hours telling me my account number and asking if I wanted the service activated immediately. I was impressed. The only downside is having SD instead of HD for the networks, but lots of HD on the regular Dish offerings.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom