Cable in the RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lynnmor,
If I was to replace the antenna what would
You recommend for a budget RVing Newbie?

This antenna is as good as you can get for an RV antenna. https://www.amazon.com/Winegard-RVW-395-Sensar-White-Antenna/dp/B003VAZ6OG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1486740323&sr=8-1&keywords=winegard+sensar+iv&linkCode=sl1&tag=antennas04-20&linkId=76c8eca809450dc876281aa7cbaef225  Before you buy, be sure that you read the installation instructions to see if it will fit where the current antenna is installed.  If you can't fit it there the roof would need to be patched.  With this directional antenna you drill a hole down thru the roof and install the crank inside.  Measure inside and outside using the instructions available online.  http://www.winegard.com/support?support=Sensar_IV,_Sensar_III,_and_Wingman

I still think that you have issues in the cables and you should explore that first.

Lynnmor,
I disconnected the antenna and I got ( had my
Meter set to 200 ACV) and got a reading of 13.
I then turned the switch off and got nothing.
I then checked my cables with foil in one end and meter (set on ohms) at the other end, it showed the cables are ok. I will go more testing and let you know.

Lynnmor  I think the antenna is bad. I tested
All cables and they are fine.

This started with not being able to use cable, so maybe we need to start over. 

Do you have cable available?  Does it now work?

Will cable work if connected directly to TV?

Are there broadcast stations available in the area?  Are others receiving those?

Did you try the TV connected to another antenna?

Did you try connecting to the antenna directly (of course the amp won't work) as a test?

And then there is the BIG question; why don't you get Jensen out of your life?

Does your unit have an antenna amplifier?  If you get signal from the antenna and not from cable be sure that your antenna amp is switch off (LED goes off).

The amplifier JoelP mentioned is normally located within a Wingard bat wing antenna. The wall/ceiling mounted unit that goes with it is a small power supply that powers the built-in amplifier and switches the OTA (Over The Air) signal and cable input signals as needed. Your installation will not likely have such a unit installed.

Your unit appears to have whatever it needs built-in, not to say that it is actually working or installed correctly.... Lynnmor's suggestion is where you should start at this point as the thread going around in circles.

The old fashioned "rabbit ears" might serve as a starting point for OTA signals if you have it and can connect it to the TV.

Back
Top Bottom