Calico or Beach?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terier

I am double booked for a upcoming trip departing Saturday Nov. 17 and returning either Tuesday from Calico or Wednesday from San Clemente SB.  This is my 4th attempt for Calico Ghost Town as the previous 3 trips were cancelled due to extreme weather. 

I haven't wandered far from home yet but feel I am ready for the pass provided the weather is decent.  I will be coming from the Corona area and am a single female RVer.  I don't care much for the cold but neither place seem freezing (even SoCal freezing) based on the forecast.  Now I'm trying to decide which location I should keep and which one to cancel.  Do I play it safe and go  to the beach or should I select the desert?

Is over-the-air stations available on the TV at Calico? 

I have been to both, I would pick the beach.  The ghost town is fun but the campground isn't much and it can get very windy out there.  Good Luck  8) I am sure you will enjoy whichever one you choose.  I doubt you will get any OTA TV out in the desert.

X2 for the beach. We've been to Calico and there's not much to do there. It's more a one night stop. If you want desert try Death Valley or Red Rock Canyon State Park.

Wendy

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the desert. It's just that Calico is more like Knotts Berry Farm in the desert. There are other desert spots that I much prefer.

Wendy
Bolsa Chica (ok, beach won for us this week)

I do understand as I also love the desert but it's different to be there for a few days & nights by myself.  Something came up and my cousin and family is not able to join me there as originally planned.  And there seems to be a common thread about Calico being a short term camping environment from everyone I have spoken with, here and elsewhere. 

I like San Clemente SB so that's a win-win situtation.

We will be in San Clemente on the weekend of 12/8, that would be a good time to reschedule San Clemente!

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom