California CO warning requirement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
When you renew your California boat registration for 2006 you'll receive two warning stickers, one to apply to the transom of the boat and the other to be placed in a location visible to the vessel operator. The sticker warns of the dangers of carbon monoxide present in engine and generator exhaust emissions. The sticker on the transom is apparently meant to be read by someone in the water near the stern of the boat.

I fully support any and all education relating to CO, but the printing on these stickers is too small to be read by anyone in the water. OTOH I'm not sure I'd want a 4' x 4' warning sign attached to the transom.

Meanwhile, I have so many warning stickers on my boat that it's starting to look like one of those NASCAR entries covered with promotional ads.

Diesels create a lot of noxious fumes, but I don't believe CO is one of them.  Anyone that could breathe diesel exhaust long enough for CO to cause problems would suffocate long before.

I don't know about diesels either Ned, but the stickers came with the registrations for the bass boat and the PWC (both gas). I'll probably get one for the dinghy too.

Will RVs and cars be next in requiring a CO warning sticker?

LOL Ron, we have so many warning labels on things we use and buy that it's ridiculous. Add to this the fact that many warning labels have to be printed in two languages; Won't be long before it will be many more. The one I still don't get is the label on every fishing reel bought in California that says:

"This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects and other reproductive harm".

I can see how that warning might apply to the fish caught by the reel - it would be killed, cleaned and cooked (maybe nuked) and eaten, after which time its reproductive capacity would be severly impaired.

Could it be that one or more of the California Politicians have an interest in the company that prints these warning labels ??? ??? ??? ??? ;D

Back
Top Bottom