California Information Website for RVer's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
Planning on driving your RV in California check HERE for information such as calif laws, routes for rigs over 40 ft rigs, and even location of dump stations.

Visited the site,  One thing I"m not sure about, when they talk about length of a Motor Home, (Motor Homes OVER 40 feet have some restrictions) is that just the MH, or is that the MH plus Towed.

In the case of Semi's it seems the restrictions are on trailer length and a different standard for total length

John In Detroit said:
Visited the site,? One thing I"m not sure about, when they talk about length of a Motor Home, (Motor Homes OVER 40 feet have some restrictions) is that just the MH, or is that the MH plus Towed.

In the case of Semi's it seems the restrictions are on trailer length and a different standard for total length

My understanding is that it's the length of the motorhome minus any safety equipment.

I've checked out some of the restricted roads and it appears that it's due mainly to either tight curves on narrow roads where the coach would extend over the yellow line or where there enough of? a sharp grade to cause the coach to bottom out.

Al

AlGriefer said:
I've checked out some of the restricted roads and it appears that it's due mainly to either tight curves on narrow roads where the coach would extend over the yellow line or where there enough of? a sharp grade to cause the coach to bottom out.

Al

Boy howdy.  Some of those roads on the stay-off list I would not go up with anything over 20 feet (Sonora Pass for instance.)  Tis a good list. 

Thanks, that would andswer my questoion,  When I pull my Lumina on a surfcace (Grass, Gravel) were tire marks are visible... It is always tracking between the tire tracks of the motor home. so basically, it don't count.

But with the hitch gear, I'm not sure I am real close to 40' at the piviot point

Back
Top Bottom