Calling all RV'ing ultrarunners or trail runners and/or crossfitters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johndrake

Experienced crossfitter and 2-3 years of trail running are now being combined with our new "sport" of RV'ing.  We seek trails whenever we go anywhere, and we figure that in an RV we're in for some serious elevation and views.  Anyone out there with the same passion?  By the way, I'm running MMTR this weekend, but am staying in a cabin....sigh....

Check the schedules for next year for the Bridger Ridge run, the Lewis and Clark Marathon and other races in the Montana area as there are many that go through really fantastic scenery.

I wish I had the motorhome when I ultra'd - the things you can do and the places you can go!

Spending most of our time in the west, I am really jealous of those who still trail run. After a new knee replacement last year (a little too much time on hard surfaces over the years), I have thought strongly about restarting, and had even planned the Bataan Death March next year to celebrate my dad, who was a survivor.

You have me thinking hard, again....

Jim, thanks.  Have wanted to go to your state for years.  2014 might just be the year!  I love running in Virginia, but with the Navion, I'm ready to run anywhere!

Al

Jim Godward said:
Check the schedules for next year for the Bridger Ridge run, the Lewis and Clark Marathon and other races in the Montana area as there are many that go through really fantastic scenery.

Well, if you find yourself in Virginia, let me know with an email.  Here where I am there's a pretty high trail to runner ratio (a good thing!), and plenty of technical, singletrack, fireroad, and everything in between.  I'm running MMTR this weekend, in fact!

skyking4ar2 said:
I wish I had the motorhome when I ultra'd - the things you can do and the places you can go!

Spending most of our time in the west, I am really jealous of those who still trail run. After a new knee replacement last year (a little too much time on hard surfaces over the years), I have thought strongly about restarting, and had even planned the Bataan Death March next year to celebrate my dad, who was a survivor.

You have me thinking hard, again....

johndrake said:
Jim, thanks.  Have wanted to go to your state for years.  2014 might just be the year!  I love running in Virginia, but with the Navion, I'm ready to run anywhere!

Al,

If you do come for the Bridger Ridge run, come early as it is at 6 to 7000+ feet so you will need to get acclimatized.  :)  Several of the others are at 43500 or higher also.  It takes a while for low landers to be able to do them.

I work, as I can, communications for them and most of the problems we see are people who have not spent enough time at altitude.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cory5999
Back
Top Bottom