camp verde rv parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat

I have heard a lot of people say they winter in Camp Verde.  I was looking at the Trailer Life campground software and find only one park that is well rated.  Does anybody have recommendations for the area?

What other amenities does Camp Verde offer?  Shopping? 

What's the weather like?  Cooler than Phoenix valley?  Snow?

--pat

Pat said:
I have heard a lot of people say they winter in Camp Verde.  I was looking at the Trailer Life campground software and find only one park that is well rated.  Does anybody have recommendations for the area?

What other amenities does Camp Verde offer?  Shopping? 

What's the weather like?  Cooler than Phoenix valley?  Snow?

--pat

Pat,

Distant Drums RV Resort is the nicest of the Camp Verde campgrounds. It's only about three years old. Very nice park.

I've only been to Rancho Verde RV Park once to visit a friend that was staying there. It was after dark so I couldn't see much but it looked like a nice park. I think there is a lot of people that winter there.

Trails End is a very small park. It's about 7 years old. As far as I know the only facilities they have are restrooms and showers. People must like it because they are  close to full most of the time. Don't know why there isn't a write up in the TL directory.

Zane Grey RV Park is about 8 miles east of Camp Verde on SR260. I've never stopped there but have driven by. Looks like a nice park. It's an older park and has lots of trees.

The last time I was out by Zane Grey I seem to remember that there was another RV Park across the road from them but I don't remember the name.

Shopping: We have a strip mall here for all the basics. WalMart is about 12 miles away over in Cottonwood.

Weather is a little cooler than PHX. Right now night time lows are low 40s high 30s. Daytime highs are high 60s to mid 70s. May get a dusting of snow but it is rare. If we do get any snow it is gone by 10am.

If you have any more questions just holler.

Distant Drums is the one with the high rating.  The others are 4 or 5 out of 10 overall. 

I'll contact Distant Drums for monthly or seasonal rates.  Thanks.

--pat

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom