Campground Guide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlmgcamp

Back in the day (1970's) we used a Rand McNally Camping Guide. It provided a page showing a road map of each state, with numbers representing the location of each campground. This was followed by a chart listing the campground by number in the left column and then a column for each amenity (water, sewer electric, playground, swimming pool, rec hall, camp store, hiking, boating, etc.). You would start with the campground of choice and go across the row to find a solid dot (on-site) or a hollow circle (within 5 miles). It gave a quick and concise overview of the campground rather than going through an ad (which would be a website today). Can anyone offer recommendations for the modern version?

There are a number of smart phone apps these days, the issue is that they are not all encompassing, and over the last couple of years several of them have been bought out and turned into subscription solution services that don't work as well as they used to.

There are a number of smart phone apps these days, the issue is that they are not all encompassing, and over the last couple of years several of them have been bought out and turned into subscription solution services that don't work as well as they used to.
Exactly my point in asking. Trying to be efficient (which can easily be interpreted as lazy) in my search for something that works well

We use this, exactly what you are looking for... we use alot!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230216-122020_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230216-122020_Firefox.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 26
timg, We use several online apps, my favorite go to is Campendium, then Allstays, then the Dyrt. All have excellent map locations and campground reviews. Happy Camping, God Bless!

Allstays Camp & RV and RV Parky are a couple of apps that cover just about every campground in the country, whether KOA, COE, state/national parks or most commercial parks, and you can filter by location, by campground type(s) and other things. They gives phone numbers and, on my Android phone (unfortunately discontinued, iThing only now), Allstays will even dial the number for you -- RV Parky might, I'm not sure -- and there's a lot more info provided. Allstays is also available online.

Allstays Camp & RV and RV Parky are a couple of apps that cover just about every campground in the country, whether KOA, COE, state/national parks or most commercial parks, and you can filter by location, by campground type(s) and other things. They gives phone numbers and, on my Android phone (unfortunately discontinued, iThing only now), Allstays will even dial the number for you -- RV Parky might, I'm not sure -- and there's a lot more info provided. Allstays is also available online.
Allstays will also sent the campground location to Google Maps to help .oy get there. The online version is free to use, so you can try it out. Campgrounds for Camping RV Parks, State Parks USA

Back
Top Bottom