Campground in/near Junction City, OR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Jim Dick said:
As soon as you cross the tracks take a left into their driveway.

Jim, do you happen to know if there's a campground close to Davis Cabinets? My measuring appointment is 10.00am Monday, so I'd like to fall out of bed and go straight there. We'll have a non-customer couple in tow on the way north, so I can't expect to have both coaches stay overnight on Shaun's lot.

TIA

Nothing really close to JC.
County CG at NW corner of lake(fern ridge?), 10 miles SW of JC. Many trees= poor sat access.

I like this one in Coberg, ~15-20 miles away:
Premier rv resorts formerly coberg hills
I-5 exit 199, east side
541-686-3152
50 amp flat sites asphalt
new very long sites under construction
clubhouse being built
modem site in office
satellite friendly

Thanks Russ, Ron. Sounds like we'll be staying in Coberg Sunday night.

Tom

>>Thanks Russ, Ron. Sounds like we'll be staying in Coberg Sunday night.<<

If you are not afraid of boondocking, or train noise...you can stay right at his shop.

Terry
At Clark Fork, Id

Terry A. Brewer said:
If you are not afraid of boondocking, or train noise...you can stay right at his shop.

Doesn't bother me Terry but, as I said, I'll have a non-customer in tow with his coach.

Tom

<<Doesn't bother me Terry but, as I said, I'll have a non-customer in tow with his coach.<<

If there is room, Shaun wont mind....and after your friend see's what can be done, he will probably become a customer.<G>

Terry
At Clark Fork, Id

Tom,

I see you've gotten more advice than I could provide. :) As Terry said if there's space Shaun wouldn't mind. Another way is to have Terry come down to Country Coach and then try to get you into their service sites. ;D ;D We did that once with the Ruwards. Terry Nathan and John Maguire got us permission to stay a couple of nights. Really felt strange with two American Coaches in their lot. :)

Tom,

There is a small campground directly across the street from the Safeway in Junction City.  As I remember it has full hookups.  This is about 8 blocks from Davis Cabinets.

JerryF

Tom,

If on Saturday you take a look see behind Shaun's and it's kind of full your friends can park on the side street (Oak Street) that is next to Shaun's shop.  Per my other email, Safeway is at 2nd street & Hwy 99 and Davis is two blocks off 10th street & Hwy 99.  A plan like this allows either or both of you to use the small RV park or park behind Shaun's place.  Maybe you might park behind Shaun's and you friend might use the RV park.  Tell Chris it's a very nice Safeway so she can get most anything she needs.  We have used it often.

Best of luck, you'll like Shaun.

JerryF

Thanks Jerry. I looked in Trailer Life and Woodalls, but neither of them show any campground in Junction City  ???

Tom,

I need to make one more try at this because I was wrong on a couple of streets.  At the Harrisburg end of Junction City the Safeway is at about 16th-17th Avenue and Hwy 99.  Then you go to 10th Avenue and Hwy 99.  Davis is between Elm and Deal streets on 10th.  Your friends could park on Deal Street next to Davis Cabinets.

This approximately 15 site campground would not be in Trailer Life.  It's behind the building across from the Safeway.  I once walked through it on my morning walk/run and decided that, in an emergency, my 40 footer would fit okay in 5 or 6 of the sites.  It's worth a try because you can always park at Davis Cabinets and drive over to the campground for a look see before deciding.

JerryF

Hi Tom,

If you look in your Escapees directory, there is a real nice campground just on the southern side of Eugene of f RT 58 and I 5. Laurie and I stayed there and really liked it, plus they give the 15% Escapee discount. Nice big sites that are all paved and landscaped.  Definately a 9.5 to 10 rating in my book. I just can't remember the name, but it's only about a 20-25 minute drive  to Davis from there--I did it.

Chet18013

Thanks Chet. I'm not an SKP member and so don't have their directory. Just looked at Woodalls and see Dexter Shores Mobile and RV Park at I-5 and Hwy 58. Is that the one? It's listed as "RV area in a mobile home park".

For our measuring visit to Davis we stayed at Premier RV Resort in Coburg, but we'll need a place when we go back to Davis for installation on 8/26. Then on to camp Monaco in Harrisburg.

Tom,

You're best bet would be to stay in the yard at Davis. They usually start working on the rigs around 8 so you won't have to get up real early to get there. No problem running the genset. Trains make more noise. ;D Actually there are a couple of businesses there and their blowers will disguise your genset.

Hi Jim,

Yes, I talked with shaun about staying on his lot the night before, because he said he wanted me there around 7.30am.

No problem running the genset. Trains make more noise.

Probably right, but it's surrounded by houses, which made me concerned about the generator noise. It's also not the better part of town.

Tom,

We have never heard any complaints from surrounding houses. As I said, the noise from blower fans in the area are louder. :) The area doesn't appear to be the best but we have never observed any problems and have never felt unsafe. Junction City is not your typical hot spot of crime. ;D The only activity after hours are residents rummaging through the trash bins for some of that nice oak they throw out. Seems to be a sanctioned operation since they do it while the late shift is still working.

Back
Top Bottom