Campgrounds near Pittsburgh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy

Site Team
Late June/early July we'll be heading for our Coke convention in Pittsburgh. Any recommendations of things to see along the way and campgrounds near Pittsburgh? Also, anyone know of anyplace to park/store the motorhome while we're at the hotel for the convention (Hilton, downtown Pittsburgh....probably no place to park the Rv).

wendycoke said:
Late June/early July we'll be heading for our Coke convention in Pittsburgh. Any recommendations of things to see along the way and campgrounds near Pittsburgh? Also, anyone know of anyplace to park/store the motorhome while we're at the hotel for the convention (Hilton, downtown Pittsburgh....probably no place to park the Rv).

Wendy,

I would call the hotel and ask if they have a corner of their parking lot that you could park in. Tell them that you are coming in for the convention. You never know, it's worth a phone call.

If you're going near Dayton Ohio and are interested in aviation be sure to stop at the Air Force Museum. Allow at least two days to see it all. If you're interested in seeing the retired Air Force One aircraft be sure to get there very early in the morning to get your name on the shuttle bus list. It is filled by about 09:30 each morning.

I will definitely put the Dayton Air Museum on our list. We're both interested in aviation....Mike worked on Phantoms while in the Marines and I took an honors class in history of aviation in college. And we plan on visiting relatives in Columbus so Dayton would definitely be on the way.

As for a corner of the hotel parking lot, unfortunately, it's all parking garage with a 6' height limit. There's a row of parking meters across the street adjacent to the 3 rivers park but that'd take a lot of quarters for 7 days !!!! But I still may call the hotel and see if they have any suggestions.

Thanks.

Wendy,

When we visit family in Pittsburgh we stay at the KOA in Washington, PA.  It's very fast to drive from Washington, PA to downtown Pittsburgh.  It's the closest campground to downtown.

JerryF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom